Bryan McCabe D Played Ok
    Adam Foote C Expected better, didn't even notice him
    Jay Bouwmeester B- Good job for a replacement player
    Rob Blake C- No Physical Presence, can't see any big mistakes

Martin Brodeur A Excellent Play kept Canada in the mix
    Roberto Luongo B- didn't see him play much, but played pretty good

we should have had Shanahan
    "You can't always win, but you can always feel like you deserve to"

I was joking at the begining of the tourny that they should have went with last years world juniour team for the olympics. Now, i am left wondering...

Quote Originally Posted by Horseman
    I was joking at the begining of the tourny that they should have went with last years world juniour team for the olympics. Now, i am left wondering...
    Nothing to wonder about... look at who was on the Russia team that Canada schooled in 2005 juniors.
    Giants supporter since Day One

Thumbs up russians deserved to win that game

the canadians came to these olympics as defending champions, and almost everyone expected perfection, and anything short of that was completly unacceptable. The Canadians were not hungry to win this tourny, unlike teams liek russia, the slovaks, swedes and finns. In 2010, they will be quite a force and the canadians should at least medal. The ice size was a factor too from what i hear so much on tv. Frankly i dont think 10 feet or whatever should make much of a difference.

I am also surprised that they did not choose paul kariya, brendan shanahan, or joe niewendyk to play for canada. being kariya was one of their top scorers and gets the shaft is beyond me

Getting back on topic, younger players like spezza, staal, crosby, and maybe phaneuf will have 4 extra years of experience behind careers, and i hope they put on a great performance to the home crowd that I might even be apart of, its a far trip from regina but why not go?

now im gonna root for swedan or finland to win these olympics, because after that upset from belarus, the swedes deserve more, or it might just be time for finland to surprise most and win, because they were severely underrated before this whole thing started, coming in with lots of injuries.

Quote Originally Posted by Some_Arrogent_Jerk
    I am also surprised that they did not choose paul kariya,joe niewendyk to play for canada. being kariya was one of their top scorers and gets the shaft is beyond me
    Are you kidding?Niewendyk?Might as well of just went with the team from the '72 summit series.Paul Henderson could have scored the tying goal for Canada today and went flying like he did against the soviets.Maybe,and I say maybe Kariya,but no way in hell does Joe get on this team.Everyone will get theirs come 2010,just you wait and see.And yes kudos to Russia for advancing but I'm rooting for the Finns cause I'am half Finnish.My grand parents still live in Finland.

our 2002 team was full of older guys but i guess yeah, guys like joe just cant keep up, like yzerman and lemieux hes getting old.

I think a lot of players were picked for the wrong reason. Canada has to pick the players who are hungry to play and I don't think this team was hungry enough. Is it time to change the coaching staff, yep, I think so.

Selfish might be the word of the day, but embarrassment certainly is how I would feel as a Team Canada member (player, coach or management)
    Drop the Puck

Quote Originally Posted by rebel39
    I think a lot of players were picked for the wrong reason. Canada has to pick the players who are hungry to play and I don't think this team was hungry enough. Is it time to change the coaching staff, yep, I think so.

Selfish might be the word of the day, but embarrassment certainly is how I would feel as a Team Canada member (player, coach or management)
    I'm still wearing my paper bag..too embarrassed to show my face as a canadian.You might just see my bag at the game tonight.Could take a while before it comes off..lol

rinkrat Guest

Embarrassed? Thats a little harsh,remember the other teams want to win as much as Canada.They also have alot of talent.We can't win every championship,every year.I think alot of Canadians need to chill out and enjoy the remaining hockey games.Its not war,its a GAME!
    I also think pointing the finger at individuals is petty and immature,remember the old saying..."you win as a team,and you LOSE as a team".

Quote Originally Posted by rinkrat
    Embarrassed? Thats a little harsh,remember the other teams want to win as much as Canada.They also have alot of talent.We can't win every championship,every year.I think alot of Canadians need to chill out and enjoy the remaining hockey games.Its not war,its a GAME!
    I also think pointing the finger at individuals is petty and immature,remember the old saying..."you win as a team,and you LOSE as a team".
    I'm not embarrassed we lost..it's how we lost,and the lack of effort.I could care less about how other teams want to win..you certainly don't go there to lose.We don't have to win every championship,but if we are gonna lose,I'd rather us lose going out with some effort and an attitude like they care.Didn't see that this past week or so.Us as fans,and even the media points fingers.It's what happens in sports.If your in the spotlight..your subject to being scrutinized and made for some sort of negative reaction,as well as positive.Thats comes with being an athlete.When you screw up everyone's on your case unfortunately.When you win,everyone's on your side.It's part of the job.They have learned to deal with it.