Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: Anyone else embarrassed?

I can't say that I watched every single game as I think I saw about 6 periods total, but I didn't see them score a goal. Like everybody else I don't think the effort was there and there was zero intensity. I, for one, don't agree with NHLer's playing in the Olympics. They are already in the spotlight and in events where typically amateurs excel and have a chance to prove themselves why do NHLer's need to take over.

It is like the lockout and they go steal people's jobs in Europe. It took me a while to actually watch hockey this year, but getting back into it. I am a loyal baseball person though and excited for the season. Again, I am unsure about this World Baseball Challenge, but we will see. I guarantee that Canadian kids in that will be giving it everything they got, as most of them are trying to make a name for themselves against the powerhouses.

It would be nice if hockey was like that. I look at a guy like Jamie Heward who couldn't stay in the NHL, excelled in the world championships and is now back in the NHL and excelling. It would be nice for more stories like this.

Default yes

As i watched the final game I kept yelling at the tv screen

There were some players who didn't look like they were playing with all thier heart. The team I hope that wins is finland. They impressed me the most out of everyone, they play a good team game....and they go all out whether its teemu selanne or their 4th line grinders...

A couple players i would have changed for team canada(after watching their play)
    IN
    Spezza
    Crosby
    Staal
    Phaneuf

Out
    Pronger
    Bertuzzi
    Draper
    St. Louis
    Mccabe
    Foote
    I didn't watch every game..I only caught about half their games. Its sure dissapointing..having the best talent pool in the tourney and not being able to come up with a medal. It looked like the players for the most part were giving a good first effort..but there was no second or third effort.(exept burtuzzi who looked like a floater, escpecially in the game vs russia)

Whats with Malkin taking a swing at lecavlier?....

I guess we cant win them all...but the thing I'm most disapointed about is getting shut out 3 of the 6 games they played....we are really lucky to have the best hockey nation in the world, but it just goes to show that nothing is given to you!
    Last edited by Tiger Trauma; 02-23-2006 at 02:38 PM.
    MEDICINE HAT TIGERS
    http://tigerturf.blogspot.com/

Crosby rules Guest

Thumbs down

3 words for u all. Todd Bertuzzi, & old

Yes, quite frankly I was embaressed over the way the men's team played at the olympics.

Quote Originally Posted by rinkrat
    Ya so, We're with them "win or win".
    I prefer to stick with my teams win or lose(mostly lose for my teams btw).I'm sick of canadians criticizing the teams the minute they lose.Why would you want to represent your country?We seem to be the worse bandwagon fans.Its sickening really. Still lots of great hockey to be played.Pick a country and cheer them on!
    OK, in order for me to support a team I expect a few things from them. I expect effort, preparation, and for them to play with a little heart. I saw none of those things from the men's olympic hockey team. If you want to represent Canada you should expect to put a little bit of preperation into it. Having two practices before entering compitition isn't going in prepared. If the NHL is so important to them that they couldn't take two weeks off to prepare as a team then they shouldn't have went over there at all. A better question is if the NHL is so important that they can't take a few games away to prepare then why weren't they playing last year? Look at Brent Sutter. The man owns the Red Deer Rebels. He's choosen to lead team Canada and he takes a great deal of time away from a team in which he has millions of dollars invested in just so Canada is represented properly. Why can't we see that level of commitment from Quinn?