Thread: Kootenay not looking good

bart smithers Guest

Default Kootenay not looking good

Things don't look good for Kootenay. They haven't been able to beat anyone of note in the last month and are also losing games to teams well below them. I saw the game in Vancouver a few weeks ago which if is any indication of how they are playing thier other games it is no wonder they keep losing to Kelowna and others. There is no game plan to get the puck out of their end except for the defense to fire it off the glass. Kind of hard for the forwards to start a rush when the puck is up around their heads. I even heard Vancouver fans wonder if they ever make a tape to tape pass. The defense moves the puck too slow and looks lost as to what to do when they get it. I can't speak for all the other games but by looking at the stats and scores and by what I saw in Vancouver it looks like the only guy who seems to come to play every night is Cracknell. What has happened to Mahovsky. The last three months it looks like he has pretty well given up and is just playing out his career. Points are almost non existent and a minus 4 the other night shows he isn't taking care of business in his own end either. Don't want to pick on Dale only but he is one of the 20 year olds and needs to start leading and picking up his play. Clouston has no consistency behind the bench. Moves lines around too much and isn't getting effort out of his players in a lot of games. Maybe their tuning him out. I'd like to see Kootenay go far this year but some players are going to have to start playing with more heart and sacrificing their body a little more or it is going to be a very short playoff run. People in Cranbrook who get to see more games could maybe fill me in on what they think.

They should play the tigers...that will get them out of their funk
    MEDICINE HAT TIGERS
    http://tigerturf.blogspot.com/

How come the never look like that against the Tigers? I just don't get it.

so true, we don't seem to have a problem playing the Tigers.
    only a few games left in the regular season, we are all going to cheer that we go out with the same bang we started the season with!
    GO ICE GO !!!