Thread: Ned's Non-Goal

Default Ned's Non-Goal

Check out www.southwesttvnews.com they have a great clip of the no goal. Unbelievable the ref had perfect postion, I don't know what he was thinking. You can actually see the puck in the net, then he brings the whistle up to his lips. Couldn't tell at the game but everyone I talked to who sits down there said it was a goal, now here is the proof. Unbelievable!!!

Default Neds Goal

I was told when Dean questioned the ref on disallowing the goal, the ref said he had blown his whistle before the puck went in. It's obvious he was wrong by the video. In my mind that would have been the turning point of the game and given us a 3-1 lead. Dumb call.

Scout

I didn't see the goal judge turn the light on either so I figured it never went in. If the ref blew it down before it was in then that's an awfully quick whistle. Great job SWTV News.

Good job 2,5 and a game. Yes that was a very crucial turning point in the game, why do they even have goal judges any more. The ref and the liners had a minute long conversation. The clip clearly shows the ref looking at the puck in the net and then blowing his whistle then waving off the goal. I think the ref made a mistake in his excitement and waved the goal off and then didn't want to look bad and wouldn't change his call now with the video clip he looks like he blew it big time. Regardless the boys shouldn't blow the lead. The team isnt good enough at this point in time to make any errors because those errors result in goals and they have to play tight to win. On Sunday two quick miscues by the d men on Sunday resulted in the first two goals being scored. The second Hat goal didnt allow the boys to parlay any momentum from their goal.

Kinda miffed that that goal was called off so quickly, yet on the game tying goal red deer was able to jam at the puck for what 5 seconds before it went in. If it gets blown quick one way, then do it the other way too.

Default the disallowed goal

They are always tough ones when you get the goal and it doesn't count its either one thing or the other your team can either use it and it get soem peopel going or it more often than not works against you and gives the other team a much needed jump which the rebels got. If i remeber correct a couple of friends and i were in regina for a game when they called off a goal with about 5 minutes to go.. which would of put them up 4 to 1 instead of what was three one.. and with a minute thrity left we came back and tied it up and putter into OT we lost in shoot out thats another story. but still all i'm trying to say is its tough to deal with as players when you get that goal and it don't count if a break don't go your way shortly there afterwards it can create problems which pretty much happened atleast we took em in Ot and they only gained one.. if we win on the weekend it doesn't really matter that much. We got some big games ahead of us. hope we play well

Thumbs down aaaahhh uummm duhhhh!!

what the heck is that moron ref thinking? There was no whistle before it went in and he actually had the whistle going up to his mouth while looking at the dam puck in the net. How much better of a view do these incompetent WHL officials need? This is what we deal with every night for every team and its very sad let alone completely pathetic to watch this going on. To me he very clearly showed what team he wanted to see win that night. B.R.U.T.A.L.
    Cranbrook's own, Kootenay ICE 1998 to 2012, 2011 WHL CHAMPIONS!!!
    THE PEOPLE'S CHAMP'S!!