Thread: Giants 6 Bronco's 2

Default Giants 6 Bronco's 2

Wow is all i can say about this game. Once again the opposing team came out flying in the first period and once again Kyle made some great saves to keep us in. We finally started to pull it together in the second and first half of the third but we seem to have forgotten the last five minutes. Dean is very hard on the players about giving all you got for 60 minutes which has given us some exciting hockey, but the last five minutes last night we fell apart.

Are we as good a team as Vancouver? I think so. Our guys proved we have no problem staying up with them. Both teams i thought looked stagnent last night. No real grit and never finishing our checks. Brule was non existent. For the 5th rated player in the N.H.L. draft he never stood out. Their other offensive weapon, Courchane was also unnoticable. Tristan Grant is Tristan Grant. He is the # 2 heaveyweight in the Dub and him just being on the ice i think made our guys a little up tight. Thats when i miss Matty the most. Even Lechovic was not as aggressive as usual.

I thought both teams played a little flat last night. With Dean stressing 60 min. of work ethic we will see how they play Wednesday against Kamloops. How will the guys play when they come up against the # 1 heaveyweight in the Dub in 6'6" Kaissen. Will his intimidation make the guys play a more reserved style?

Default Brule

You are right that Gilbert didn't stick out any, but he did get a nice goal. And did something I've never seen before, he got under Hunter's skin so bad that Luke forgot there was a hockey game. All night Hunter was trying to get to Brule, but it backfired in my opinion. Luke was terrible on the faceoffs last night and got hit around, didn't have a good game and it was because of Brule.
    Good luck in the hat tonight boys!!