Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: fans choice

Anybody, am I way off comparing Sylvester to Dawes as far as expectations of what Sylvester was gonna do for us?

I'm not trying to cut down Sylvester in any way, I see a good future in him, I just thought we'd see more offensive output from him after the season he had last year.

Am I really OUT TO LUNCH?

Quote Originally Posted by In the crowd
    Anybody, am I way off comparing Sylvester to Dawes as far as expectations of what Sylvester was gonna do for us?

I'm not trying to cut down Sylvester in any way, I see a good future in him, I just thought we'd see more offensive output from him after the season he had last year.

Am I really OUT TO LUNCH?
    I think I can see were you are comeing from. Nigel as a sixteen year old sold himself on the Ice and was rewarded with lots of ice time, he took full advantage of it filling the nets and proving the coaching staff that he belongs there and who could argue. With Dustin I am sure if he excelled with his Ice time he too would have been rewarded with more and better chances. You have to burry your oportunities and steal Ice time from other members of the team. The coaches are going to reward you for that. I think Dustin is going to have a great future with the Ice and I am sure he will come into his own and show all what he is capable of doing. Not everyone can do it as a sixteen year old, look at what Maxwell has done this year compared to last year. I think a better comparison will be next year compairing against his last season and watching the improvements.
    Scars are just tattoo's with better stories!

Bomber Guest

Default it's a good discussion

But my argument centers on the whole possibility that if Dustin had Nigel's time as a sixteen year old, on the third line and some pp time, you would very similar results.
    Give him Bailey's icetime playing with DaSilva and Billsten and he have numbers closer to Dawes'. Or at least then you could have the discussion.

I do agree that Sylvester would have better #'s on the third line, but, at the beginning of the season, I had thought he would've played himself on to that third line to put up decent #'s. That's why I have him as a dissapointment. That is also why I put "points wise" after his name on that list, I do think he looks good out there. Pretty much what I've seen from Sylvester and Bailey, I had expected to be the other way around. I don't think it's that far fetched to compare a 3rd liner to a 4th liner, and that is my opinion. Calling someone's opinion out to lunch would be slandering one's opinion which on this site there is no place for. This isn't the whiteboard.