Thread: Expansion Draft

'Canes11 Guest

Question Expansion Draft

With the upcomming expansion draft who would you like to see stay on the Silvertips and who would you like to see leave..... Personaly I think that John Lammers should stay... if he leaves I don't think there is anyone who can fill his skates.

Quote Originally Posted by 'Canes11
    With the upcomming expansion draft who would you like to see stay on the Silvertips and who would you like to see leave..... Personaly I think that John Lammers should stay... if he leaves I don't think there is anyone who can fill his skates.
    Lammers is not going anywhere. That was a fantastic trade that our organization made.

I would look for them to do a deal before the expansion draft.

If I had to see a player go (as much as I hate to say this!!) I would like to see Cody Thoring go there. He has had experience playing for an expansion team as a 17 year old and can go into Chilliwack being a leader as on OA. I would hate to see him go but if a player was to go that is who I would want.
    Kristi
    ---------------------------------

Default I totally agree...

Thoring should go. He has similar stats to Fransoo, except that Fransoo has MUCH BETTER puck-handling (and he breaks fewer sticks). Plus, when the Silvertips give up a SH or EN goal, it always seems to be Thoring somewhere in the mix of things. However, Thoring WOULD provide a lot of leadership to the expansion Chilliwack team as an O/A, of which they can have five.

I understand that Thoring has been here since the beginning, and I respect & appreciate what he has done for our team & community, but he is the one whom I believe that the team might deal before the expansion draft, and if not, then before next season starts.

As for Lammers, I really really really hope that he stays with the team next season. If he does remain with the team, he will probably wear the "C". And if he remains with the team, imagine these possible top two lines for the Silvertips:

Lammers-Hamill-Calla
    Mueller-Beach-Fiala

YIKES! Talk about another year of firepower!
    Redwic

Default well

as much as I would absolutely love to see Lammers back next season, I have to be realistic and say he won't be. Seriously, he's "of age" now so he's gonna be an AHL er next year. Witht he season he's having, in this system, he's a goner.

that being said, I think we should trade Calla to the Chillawhackers for a draft pick and an examption....just as other teams have. Calla is on my "Biggest disappointment" list for this season.