Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Do posters go too far?

Quote Originally Posted by kelownakarl
    Alot of the times the crap posts come from places that are not monitored closely or not moderated properly. Like this is a great site for families or players to read because it is good talk, clean chat and the only bashing may come in the form of constructive criticism. (ie- players nto doing their job, fans pointing it out). So alot of the time it could be where the posts are coming from and where they are posted. But your right it is all about class.
    The white board is a good example of it........too much just plain "CRAP".....but in the Mods defense, with the large amount of volume on that board it becomes a full time job deleting posts, answering questions, & banning posters.....It's a job I wouldn't want, and honestly don't have time for. IMO they do the best they can with what they have.
    We drank all their beer, win the game, beat them up and no one goes to jail. Good times, eh?Andre "Moose" Dupont

Quote Originally Posted by Orv
    I think that they may need to get some thicker skin. I do understand these are just kids but they are in the public eye and if they ever get reach their goal of making the NHL they had better get used to being ripped in the media and on the internet. It's going to get a lot worse for them if they make the show.
    True......if they make the NHL it will become much worse.......but, I remember being 16 and I don't think you can find a more insecure impressionable age. Hopfully they have positive encouragment to out weigh the negative.
    We drank all their beer, win the game, beat them up and no one goes to jail. Good times, eh?Andre "Moose" Dupont

Quote Originally Posted by Tipped Off
    My personal philosophy is to only post about someone's skills or "attitudes" on the ice. I think some people try to read way too far into what a player might have been thinking and start talking about the player personally. When it gets personal, it crosses the line, IMO.
    I totally agree.......esp. when it comes to the tough guys......A statment I see posted a lot is "so and so is ducking so and so" or "This guy challenged this guy, and he pussed out"
    Honestly unless you're one of those guys or play on that team you have no clue what was said, it's very possible that (for example) Coach Conroy told Desautels before the last Kamloops game "we need to win this game, and if Kassian goads you into a fight.....I'll bench you" unless you're sitting on the bench or in the pre game meetings anything you post is pure speculation.

Angry

Things like constructive criticism I have no problem with.

Saying things like "that was a bad play", or "stop trying to do it all yourself - pass it to an open man", etc. is OK.

But once it gets personally, calling a player a "Moron", etc. is then out of line.

They are here, at this level of hockey, to improve their skills, etc. The entire CHL os a devolepmental league, after all.

Sure, as fans, we do get compansionate about our sport and our team.

But one must remember, it is JUST A GAME.

Before you start to Flame, cuss and curse, think about what it is you are doing, and why?

If it can't be said in a civil manner, before all age groups, then don't say it/post it.

I still see some people/poster, whom will swear that since it is a fan forum, that they can and should be allow to post CRAP. That rules don't apply to them, since that would be against their rights and freedom of expression.

That is fine and dandy, in your own home. But we, as members of this (or any other forum) are guest to the administrator of the site.

If you have a potty mouth, then show them out (to the outhouse)! We don't want to hear how creatively you can curse at players and fellow posters.

Having a strong set of rules, that are inforced on a MODERATED forum, is for the benefit of the majority. One can easily have an opinion, and state it, without having to make it into CRAP.