Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Raiders vs Pats

Default Raiders vs Pats

Not enthused about going but,I'm hoping for fights.Doubt we'll see any cause it seems that P.A fights more on the road.Pats are on a serious roll winning 5 in a row.Could be just too hot for P.A to handle.Although I bet either P.A gets blown out or they do the blowing out.No point in being defensive,they will probably be gunning knowing their season is over.There is that pride factor for P.A but they should all wear brown paper bags instead of helmets tonight.P.A's rookies should get some serious ice time from here on out.Any word on if they called up others?Should be a packed house tonight....yeah right.I think we'll see tumbleweeds.Maybe I'll see Gillies walk up the stairs with those jeans that shows her,umm...yumminess.In the words of Homer Simpson.."gotta get me some of that sweet,sweet can"!

On a less drooling note,I think P.A will win tonight 6-5,in regulation time with Don Mitchell picking Chipchura as the first star. Anyone going to that awards thing after Saturday's game??I think Deckert gets the start tonight but him and Archi split the series against Saskatoon.

According to the Raider's roster, no other callups. Tendler is still listed on the roster. I might head up for Saturday's game against the Blades. I haven't seen the new lounge or maybe I should stop in just to see Miss Gillies one more time.
    Last edited by FELIX17; 03-15-2006 at 05:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by FELIX17
    or maybe I should stop in just to see Miss Gillies one more time.
    Gillies would be well worth the trip.You'd have to sit on the other side of the press boxes to get a glimpse of her throughout the game.On saturday I'm gonna ask her if I can have my picture taken with her.

wouldnt it piss off raider fans even more if they won their remaining games and brandon lost theirs. seriously though im thinking some of the draft eligable like hewson depape and doucet will play with soething to prove as well as some guys looking for contracts like aki byers shaefer. all i want to see is heart and the guys playing with some desire

The Raiders have a chance to take it to the Pats and be spoilers... Pats lose they cannot get 2nd... I hope for a good entertaining game and hopefully a Pats W .

i was so excited after the skirmish in the 3rd when they were all saying to each other they would go. when i saw anholt sent out hewson depape and elder and palazzo i thought ALRIGHT were gonna get a line brawl. (oh they also had shaefer out there to pick up sticks and helmets after) but no pats didnt send out anyone who would fight. anybody see elder laughing while he was fighting fauth ? he kept looking for the linesman to pull him off but they never. how did chipchura get 2nd star ? not a good game from him, one of the worst i saw from him actually. he turned over the puck to robinson 4 times that i saw with his no look passes and seemed to try to do a one man show every now and then. oh well i thought the young guns got more ice than the vets tonight and i also thought they earned it. oh well at least the future is looking bright for these guys

Recap

P.A would get on the board when Chipchura found Seitsonen coming in from the slot.Aki puts it over Reekie's glove side and it's 1-0 P.A.Tendler picking up the other assist.P.A was content on going into the lockerroom with a 1-0 lead but Regina had other things in mind with less than 30 seconds left,as Deck found Ross with a stretch pass,combined with P.A's defence giving up on the play,and Ross would go in all alone and roof it glove side over Deckert.

P.A would start the 2nd on the PP,but that didn't matter as Thelen had the puck stick to the ice as he was bringing it out of the zone,Robinson picks it up,goes 5 hole,Decks makes the first save than Robinson taps in his own rebound 2-1 Pats.That would be all the scoring until the final waiting seconds of the 2nd as the Pats come in on a 3 on 2 Tolpeko drops it for Sievert who fires a shot,rebound comes out and Ross with a very quick backhand makes it 3-1 with 1.4 seconds left on the clock heading to the 3rd up 3-1.

The third would be chippy.Midway point of the 3rd,Pats on the PP,N.Ross comes down on his offwing and fires a shot past Deckert glove side..weak.That would be all for Decks tonight.Archi came in and fared no better as Robinson feeds K.Ross and he shoots low beating Archi 5 hole for his hattrick.

Fight recaps

DePape vs Lind-Both would exchange blows,I think Depapes landed a bit better,good tilt,lasted a bit longer than the others.I'd say draw.

Elder vs Fauth-No contest,Elder manhandled Fauth,with a series of body blows.Not sure even if Fauth got any shots in.Decision..Elder by a mile.

Hewson vs Sievert-Happened so quick,maybe a couple exchanges that were minor.Sievert fell funny on his wrist though.I say draw based on nothing happened.

Chipchura vs Schira-Chipper was pretty pissed.Threw lots of punches.Craig landed a couple,but Chipper just plain out beat Schira.Chipchura gets the vote.

Leffler vs McDonald-Clearly neither fight on a regular basis,and it showed.Both wrestles up against the boards in the far end.McDonald landed more shots but the decision goes to Leffler who's shots did have more impact.

Things that made me shake my head

-After Decks was pulled he yelled at Thelen on the bench and said "HAVE YOU EVER PLAYED DEFENCE BEFORE?".Than as Thelen went out on the ice Decks says to himself outloud "MAN OVERRATED MUCH"!.

-Jeff May's sprint across the ice to try and paste the Pats player.May was clearly frusterated.He missed and ended up eating some plexi glass,and was sent off for his troubles.

-When everyone was chanting Archi,I thought we were gonna see a goalie fight.Nothing happened.

-Byers throwing another fit on the bench.

-Reffing was lousy.Missed a ton of calls on both sides.I guess for Zalaski that could be considered a good game.

-Never got to see Gillies.

-Other than the young guys,there was really no desire,no heart and it just seems like they want to get it over with very quick.

-This type of hockey is not for Thelen.Deckert is right.

3 stars

1.Kyle Ross-Hat trick
    2.Chipchura-but honestly no Raider deserved a star.Lousy performance.
    3.David Reekie-played solid when needed.

Attendance

Chipchura vs Schira-Chipper was pretty pissed.Threw lots of punches.Craig landed a couple,but Chipper just plain out beat Schira.Chipchura gets the vote.

give chipper more credit he demolished schira, schira might have got a few pokes in but thats about all.

Quote Originally Posted by westbeach55

give chipper more credit he demolished schira, schira might have got a few pokes in but thats about all.
    I did give Chipper his credit.

"Craig landed a couple,but Chipper just plain out beat Schira.Chipchura gets the vote".

on regina's sh goal it was chipchura who turned the puck over.i liked how anholt finally gave some of the youngsters time in the offensive zone. deckert didnt play well and i think he is still injured. however when you have a guy sitting beside you in the net(tolpeko) or you get ran and the puck comes loose as your ran. how the raiders d continues to let him be bowled over and never any interferance calls ???.