Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Playoffs-Hitmen vs 1st Round Opponent

Ricobob Guest

Default Playoffs-Hitmen vs 1st Round Opponent

Before the game tonite, listening to Jenna on The Fan harp about how much 1st place is on the line had me questioning...would 1st place be good or bad??

Yes, home ice advantage thoughtout the playoffs and the momentum of capturing 1st would be a great thing...but.... I would rather face Lethbridge than Swift Current in the first round. The Hitmen match up better with the Hurricanes. In fact, Swift matches up well against the Hitmen and the Tigers.

Thoughts???

Given that Swift is only one point back of Lethbridge, we can't really choose our opponent with a win or loss tonight. Better to just go out, win tonight and hope for the best.

Ideally we win, the Broncos beat the Hat and Lethbridge loses. Then we win the division, and get the Hurricanes anyway.

Icon32 Officially its the Canes

This should be a 4 or 5 game series. As long as the guys aren't overconfident and think they just have to show up to win.Most of the games have been close all season so I don't expect any blowouts, just 3-1, 2-0 type of games which suits the Hitmen style. Second round will be a tough one as we will probably be against Moose Jaw (baring a Wheaties upset). We will win that in 6, maybe 7 & then the HAt.

Given how many points we have thrown away to ridiculously inferior teams in the last couple weeks, 4 or 5 games might be optimistic.

This team has a ton of talent, but it is playing like garbage right now. Last night only highlighted our biggest problem: This team is not a team.

Right now, we have five individuals out on the ice, none of which knows how to work with his teammates. All night long against Red Deer there was one player working against two or three Rebels, as the other four simply stood and watched, expecting that one player to do all of the work. Nobody is anticpating the play well at all, nobody wants to work through the other team's defense.

We had 35 shots last night, 25 of which were from the outside that any Atom goalie would stop 90% of the time.

The team has been in a funk for a long while now, and Kelly Kisio has done nothing about it. The supposed leaders of this team have done nothing about it.

And we lost the division and regular season titles because of it.

Lethbridge should be a very easy opponent to beat, but if they play as a team, they are going to give us a major scare at best, or even avenge last year at worst.

Unless Kisio reads his "coaching for dummies" book over the next couple days and something finally clicks in his head.

Icon32 Which team will show up?

It really depends on which Hitmen team shows up. If it is the one who beat Medicine Hat the last game it will be a short series. If however its the team that showed up or should I say never showed up for the two Vancouver games, then I agree with RunTHeGoalie.Hitmen at their best will run out the Canes but if they don't play as a team and all show up then the Canes could very well win (unless Pogge stands on his head). I have faith that the HItmen will make it through to the finals.

The only good thing I can see with the Hitmen having to start the series on the road is that they have to play hard, not get fancy (like they do in the Dome) and take it to the Canes.

This should get their mind-set on play-off hockey.

Mezie Fan Guest

The Canes will upset the Hitmen. It might be an upset but it's going to happen. I know that we were sure happy to play Calgary cause the only people that think that Calgary is better than the Hat live in Calgary. Once again Big , Big relief to play Calgary. Canes forever.

Default Canes Upsetting Hitmen?

I have alot of faith and I would honestly love to see the Canes take it to the Hitmen, but honestly, I don't believe they have what it takes to play a solid 60 mins of hockey against a team like Calgary. If we're lucky, we may be able to push it to 6 games. The Canes have alot of heart, but it takes more than heart to win against teams like the HItmen n Tiggers. I know I'm gonna get blasted for this remark, so let the sparks fly!
    Good Luck Canes!!

Quote Originally Posted by SeventhHeaven4U
    I have alot of faith and I would honestly love to see the Canes take it to the Hitmen, but honestly, I don't believe they have what it takes to play a solid 60 mins of hockey against a team like Calgary. If we're lucky, we may be able to push it to 6 games. The Canes have alot of heart, but it takes more than heart to win against teams like the HItmen n Tiggers. I know I'm gonna get blasted for this remark, so let the sparks fly!
    Good Luck Canes!!
    Totally agree. The Hitmen will win, but they will not steamroll.

Quote Originally Posted by Mezie Fan
    The Canes will upset the Hitmen. It might be an upset but it's going to happen. I know that we were sure happy to play Calgary cause the only people that think that Calgary is better than the Hat live in Calgary. Once again Big , Big relief to play Calgary. Canes forever.
    Given how craptacular your defense is, I don't blame you for prefering the Hitmen to the Tigers. You'd lose 6-1 in four straght if you had to face them.

Thanks for joining WHLfans though. I can only hope you stick around longer than the Canes will.