Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: 1st Round PLayoff Series Vs Calgary

If there is a round two.

I dunno. I was expecting more than 2800 Hurricane fans for game two. I know that first round attendance is always a dissapointment for nearly every team in the league, but one would think a market of well over 100,000 people could at least get over 3000 fans to show up.

Though I have to say that the fans who did show up were extremely loud. That kinda surprised me, as the Enmax Centre has been nearly quiet as a tomb for most other game's I've been to. Of the major-junior arenas in Alberta, Lethbridge has by far the nicest, but the atmosphere could be a hell of a lot better. Hopefully if I do make it down for game six, It'll live up to expectations.

Quote Originally Posted by RunTheGoalie
    If there is a round two.

I dunno. I was expecting more than 2800 Hurricane fans for game two. I know that first round attendance is always a dissapointment for nearly every team in the league, but one would think a market of well over 100,000 people could at least get over 3000 fans to show up.

Though I have to say that the fans who did show up were extremely loud. That kinda surprised me, as the Enmax Centre has been nearly quiet as a tomb for most other game's I've been to. Of the major-junior arenas in Alberta, Lethbridge has by far the nicest, but the atmosphere could be a hell of a lot better. Hopefully if I do make it down for game six, It'll live up to expectations.
    I believe the other teams refer to the Enmax center as "the library".

Default Fickle Canes Fans

Quote Originally Posted by RunTheGoalie
    Heh, looking to other Canes fans for "unbiased" opinions. That's a laugh.

So, is anybody going to show up for game 6 in Lethbridge? Judging by how empty the Enmax Centre was for games one and two, seems like there is still a lot of room left on the bandwagon.
    Careful, your true colors are showing! GREEN IS NOT YOUR COLOR!!
    Fan support will be there for game back in Lethbridge b/c they have proved themselves to the fickle fans here.... I'm not proud that our residents tend to fade into the woodwork when they go on a skid... true fans will stick by them through thick n thin, 3000 is alot better than in the years when attendance hit lows of under 2000!!

It's just unfortunate that the Hitmen having been playing to their full potential and the Canes have been working hard in trying to correct what they did wrong during the reg season.... and it's paying off so far. Time will only tell how this series ends, may the best team win!

Dogbert Guest

The Hurricanes have been taking stupid penalties all game long. You simply cannot give the other team nine powerplays in two periods and expect to win a game, and I'd expect the Lethbridge coach to really start kicking some butt in the dressing room.

Quote Originally Posted by Dogbert
    The Hurricanes have been taking stupid penalties all game long. You simply cannot give the other team nine powerplays in two periods and expect to win a game, and I'd expect the Lethbridge coach to really start kicking some butt in the dressing room.
    I wonder if runthegoalie will have anything negative to say about the reffing today.

I guess they did call one on the Hitmen, so it could have been better.

Default Officials SHAMEFUL!

The Hurricanes may have deserved a few of those penalties, but not all of them! You tell me how the Hitmen can only take 1 penalty in a game considering their given record?! The officiating is horrid, and the league should be ashamed that their officials are the ones determining who wins a hockey game and not the teams playing on the ice!!!

I look forward to game 6! It'll be one hell of a game to watch back here in Canetown!!

'Canes11 Guest

Post 'Canes through adversity

:burningma As far as all the Lethbridge penalties go... any one who has been to any Lethbridge game that Mark MacIassc has reffed will know that only a handfull of those dealt were deservered.... and as far as Calgary goes the most undisiplined team in the playoffs does not simply just turn into church mice over night. I find it interesting that Calgary needs to cheat to win. First in game 4, Calgary's second goal did not cross the line.. I know I was sitting right there. As for game 5 I wonder how much Calgary paid the ref. 10 power plays to 1 is rediculous... Calgary's total penalties was 2. Lets get with the program. :burningma As far as I'm concerned Lethbridge was the better team today. Allowing only one PP goal on 10 chances and playing about 1/2 (32 min/12 inf) of the game on the penalty kill. Just wait for game 6 and a return to the Enmax Center.

GO 'CANES GO... 'canes in 7

Default Canes Cudos

Quote Originally Posted by Dogbert
    I don't believe you have the right to knock the Canes after their performance today! Scoring SH and killing off 9 penalties and losing in OT does not show signs of weakness or stupidity! Canes came out flying and have succeeded in keeping the Hitmen's powerhouse at bay for 5 games! They have come along way and have proved many people wrong against the rough n tough Hitmen and deserve much more credit than they are being given! Cudos to the Canes!

Last edited by SeventhHeaven4U; 04-01-2006 at 04:58 PM.

It does seem like the Hurricanes have been "unlucky" these last two games. I'm hoping for a game 7...It may be a goaltending showdown tonight
    MEDICINE HAT TIGERS
    http://tigerturf.blogspot.com/

Icon32 Hitmen "cheated another win"

As a previous obvious pissed off biased Canes fans stated. I guess thats why we finished second overall in the WHL and cracked the 100 point barrier.
    I came here to congratulate the Hurricanes on a good series. They did outplay us the first four games and got away with a lot of stick infractions. Hey, if it works great. Most of our pentalies in the first 4 games were the results of the original pentaly not being called and the boys were getting frustrated. McIssacc calle dthe original infraction Sat so the Hitmen never had to retaliate. When the Canes realized this we had a great thirs period. It's too bad that we never saw a good fight. Usually when a fight does happen a lot of the stick work starts to disappear. and I would rather see a fight or two and no stick work than all the crap both teams used during this series.
    Anyhow next year with Leclair, Wright, King, King, Cann, Boychuk and YellowHorn it will be exciting to watch Lethbridge.