Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Warriors - Wheat Kings Playoff Series Thread

Default Warriors - Wheat Kings Playoff Series Thread

Okay hockey fans, we're in for a good series. I want to make this thread so that both team's fans can discuss the latest news and playoff games.

Breakdown:

Brandon Wheat Kings

Overall Record: 30-32-6-4
    Home: 20-10-5-1 = 63.9%
    Away: 10-22--1-3 = 33.3%
    Home record against Warriors: 3-1 (one overtime win)
    Away record against Warriors: 1-3
    Record against Warriors since trade deadline: 2-3 (overtime win)
    Goals for: 218
    Goals allowed: 259
    Goals for against Warriors: 25
    Goals allowed against Warriors: 27
    Power Play: 42 out of 369 = 11.4% (20th place)
    Penalty Kill: 85 out of 386 = 78% (20th place)
    PIM: 19,3 per game
    Goalies: 1. Plante: GAA 3.32 (Saves 89.8%) [record 25-24-5-4 2] Jory: Not listed
    Top 3 scorers:
    1. Burki 27-34 = 61
    2. Derlago 28-25 = 53
    3. Moore 20-23 = 43
    Analysis: Weak goaltending at times, but Plante could get hot. Weak special teams on both sides. Need to hit the Warriors hard. Team toughness and whole team contributes on scoring. Okay defence, okay offence. Good fourth place team. Played well against the Warriors this season. Could upset the Warriors if they can score and limit Warriors offence. Brandon has something to prove. Looking forward to next season.

Warriors

Overall record: 44-20-5-3
    Home record: 27-6-2-1
    Away record: 17-14-3-2
    Home against Wheat Kings: 3-1
    Away against Wheat Kings: 1-2-1
    Goals for: 278
    Goals allowed: 205
    Power play: 68 for 423 = 16.1% (11th place)
    Penalty kill: 61 on 384 chances = 84.1% (11th place)
    PIM: 18.8 per game (third least)
    Goalies: 1. Perricone: (GAA 2.66) [91.1 save %] {record 32-12-3-1}
    2. Leslie stats with Moose Jaw only: (GAA 2.74) [90 save %] {record 6-2-1}
    Top three scorers:
    1. Brouwer 49-53 = 102
    2. Boyd 48-42 = 90
    3. Jones 35-50 = 85
    Analysis: The Warriors will rely mainly on their potent offence. They need to use their speed to their advantage. Okay defence and okay goaltending, weak at times. No real big tough guy. Mcardle needs to keep his cool. Not a lot of playoff experience. Moose jaw has a post season curse, having never made it past the second round. Could be upest. They are angry at the Wheat Kings for not pulling Plante at the end of the last game, leaving Brouwer with 49 goals.

All comments are welcome, I'll try to give a summary of the first two games and I hope a Brandon fan can do the third and fourth games. Good luck to both teams.

I thought that was a smart move on Kelly's part. Just a little something to piss off MJ. Looking foward to watching the livestream tonight should be a good one!!!

ofhdhdy Guest

Quote Originally Posted by WHEATKINGS 04-05 CHAMPS
    I thought that was a smart move on Kelly's part. Just a little something to piss off MJ. Looking foward to watching the livestream tonight should be a good one!!!
    Yeah that was very smart. Now MJ is up 3-0 after 1 period of play and Bouwer only has one assist while Boyd, McCardle and Svensson dont even have a point yet!

Default Warriors Crush Wheaties

Awesome game by Warriors! Holzy was spectacular and Gillen showed them all what he could do! Congrats to all Warriors....

P.S. Where are all the MJ fans?! Only 2257 at the game?! Get out there n support them!!!!

Warriors EAT Wheaties 4 Breakfast!!

Quote Originally Posted by SeventhHeaven4U

P.S. Where are all the MJ fans?! Only 2257 at the game?! Get out there n support them!!!!
    I think it was more like 2800, trust me we were out. It wasn't a sell out but man that crowd was loud and proud! So lay off our fans.

As to the pissing Moose Jaw off, that wasn't really a good thing because now they want it even more.

Good game tonight though, tommorrow should be good too.

gowarriors Guest

Default What the heck was that?!?!?!

Wow that was a better played game tonite. Only thing is we were on the losing end, and it was OUR fault. Alot of really dumb penalties at the end there really cost us any momentum and any chance of getting that goal back. Especially the penalty on Jones, that hurt.

Hopefully, we can get back into it on the road come Monday.

And that mess in the crowd!!! Only in Moose Jaw, will you see the fans and security trading blows by the visitors runway. Pretty embarassing MJ!!! We need to quit taking everything so to heart. This happens ALOT. People getting pushed or shoved on the stairs, stuff thrown at them or just alot of bad language directed at them because they pull for the other team. I am embarrassed to say I am a Warrior fna when situations like this happen. I honestly felt bad for the other team tonite, and gotta hand it to Plante for not freaking out about all the bottles that were thrown at him. Get over it everyone!
    Last edited by Fight Guy; 03-26-2006 at 06:31 PM. Reason: un-neccessary content

gowarriors Guest

Have to agree. Last month my brother had bought a ticket to see his Broncos play here and they won and a guy was trying to get him to fight and was throwing bottles at him. My brother would never fight anyone ever, and to make it even worse the guiy that was calling him on was in his 50s.... A season ticket holder of over 20 years. They seem to be the worst around here it appears. I think a BIG solution is not selling beer here, as incidents like this are pathetic. Time to grow up and act like adults people.

Bottles???

Are you kidding me, why isnt the arena serving the Beer in plastic cups?

RETIRED JERSEY: #32 CHAD SCHARFF

So what exactly happened tonight in MJ anyone?

NO BIASED OPINIONS.

Quote Originally Posted by canadian eh
    So what exactly happened tonight in MJ anyone?

NO BIASED OPINIONS.
    i saw the aftermath on ctv but thats it. although mj has had issues in the past with fans and opposing players.