Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Update on Dubinsky?

Default Update on Dubinsky?

Anyone have any updates on Dubinsky, heard he left midway thru the third period last night after getting slashed.

Any word if he is out tonight?

RETIRED JERSEY: #32 CHAD SCHARFF

bruinsfan9 Guest

Default Played sat night

and appeared to be fine. In addition, I hope to get some Hawk fans posting on this site. Beaner I have enjoyed reading your posts on the Giants site. I am a close friend of the Reese family and follow the Giants as much as possible.

Quote Originally Posted by bruinsfan9
    and appeared to be fine. In addition, I hope to get some Hawk fans posting on this site. Beaner I have enjoyed reading your posts on the Giants site. I am a close friend of the Reese family and follow the Giants as much as possible.

Glad you enjoy the site, hope that you can bring a few more Portland fans here to post.

Nice to hear that Dubi was ok, sounded like he got whacked pretty good.

natural_center Guest

Dubs was a game-time decision on Saturday. Radio said the wrist was sore and there was a visible mark (bruise? scrape?). But the kid's a gamer and wanted to play.

Good for Portland he did, turns out.

Default On Saturday

Some Seattle fans around me were saying "Dubinskys a faker!"

Would it be worth it for the Hawks to send in a video of the incident to the league? There was time missed by the injured player, so I would think at least a 1 game suspension should be handed out.

Without seeing the slash I cant offer any input but if the Hawks thought it was bad enough they should send it in.

Since he hasnt missed a game I doubt the player would have gotten suspended.

natural_center Guest

Quote Originally Posted by OpenFivehole
    Some Seattle fans around me were saying "Dubinskys a faker!"
    That's just a silly thing for them to say. The Hawks were only down by 1 when Dubi got hurt (about 7 minutes into the 3rd). If he'd been able to play, he would have. He was sitting in the bench with his head down and ice on the wrist, clearly in a lot of pain. As for Saturday...it's the playoffs! Of course he's going to play if he can grip a stick at all.

HackTheBone Guest

Quote Originally Posted by natural_center
    That's just a silly thing for them to say.
    Only if it didn't look like a complete acting job. If Dubinsky was hurt on that play, he got hit in the right spot. There was contact but it didn't look that bad. He's a player and will certainly try to draw a call but since it wasn't a good time to try to draw a call it's safe to assume he got hit in a spot that hurt. I don't think a tape to the league would do much as there was no call on the play and it didn't look like much of a slash.

As for Saturday the three stars should of been any three Hawks defensemen, they did an amazing job keeping the puck off Mucha, won the game for Portland for sure.

I agree about the Hawks defensemen. Seattle maintained long periods of pressure through out the game, yet they only managed 18 shots on goal. Tremendous TEAM effort by the Hawks on Saturday night.

CHLFan Guest

Let's hope the Hawks are able to maintain that defensive effort, tonight Fivehole. This team has been battling inconsistency all season. Would be nice to see them put back-to-back-to-back solid defensive efforts in this series. BTW, nice site. Also, nice to see familiar names in this forum: bruinsfan9, OpenFivehole...even old Lefty has joined up on here. Keep up the good work moderators!