Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: What do Leaf fans think?

Subject: What does your father do?

Little David was in his 5th grade class when the
    teacher asked the children what their fathers did for a living.
    All the typical answers came up-- fireman, policeman, salesman, etc.

David was being uncharacteristically quiet and so
    the teacher asked him about his father.
    "My father's an exotic dancer in a gay bar and takes off all his clothes in front of other men.
    Sometimes, if the offer's really good, he'll go out to the alley with some guy and make love
    with him for money."

The teacher, obviously shaken by this statement, hurriedly set the
    other children to work on some coloring, and took
    Little David aside to ask him, "Is that really true about your father?"
    "No," said David, "He plays for the Toronto the Maple Leafs,
    but I was too embarrassed to say that in front of the other kids.

Post I think

that the 7-0 win over the Buffalo Sabres was AWESOME

But no that was not an April Fools joke.

I'll did not see that comming,but I am glad it happened,

Aubin is the man

Again I think that the Leafs are awesome for never giving up on their playoff drive,and have potentially made the playoffs(granted that the New Jersey Devils win today against the Islanders.) So for TODAY I am devils fan(only if they win),and even though this game is meaningless for the Devils,I hope they put Brodeur in net(as does every leaf fan)

GO DEVILS GO,they must win, and it is not good to count on other teams to win in order for the Leafs to make the second season.
    Last edited by GBG BLEED BLUE; 04-08-2007 at 09:11 AM.

My twitter handle: @SaskHockeyFan23

Quote Originally Posted by GBG BLEED BLUE
    Again I think that the Leafs are awesome for never giving up on their playoff drive,and have potentially made the playoffs(granted that the New Jersey Devils win today against the Islanders.) So for TODAY I am devils fan(only if they win),and even though this game is meaningless for the Devils,I hope they put Brodeur in net(as does every leaf fan)

GO DEVILS GO,they must win, and it is not good to count on other teams to win in order for the Leafs to make the second season.
    Gee, too bad the Leafs couldn't have won a couple of other big games recently... then they wouldn't have to be chewin' their fingernails today haha
    I got a kick out of that whining homer Cherry saying that it was "unfair" if the Devils don't play Brodeur... what a joke...does he think this is kid's hockey.. like nutbar Lou gives a crap what JFJ and Leaf Nation is gonna think if they don't start Brodeur..
    ...hey, I hope the Leafs get in so Sabres can run 'em out in 4 straight
    nothin' more fun than watchin TO and their faithful get all excited at this time of year.. only to once again face the inevitable

Well it did not happen as the Islanders won and I am kinda glad because I do not think they would of had a chance but,it would have been nice to see them give it a try but sadly not this season....next season the Leafs will be playoff bound and get in.

The positives are that the Leaves can get rid of JFJ with a clear conscience now and there'll be no-one who'll be saying .. "but they made the playoffs they really are good -- we just had some bad breaks"
    My Vancouver Giants focused Blog

A Shot From The Corner

http://giantshockey.wordpress.com/

I agree, I think JFJ is pretty much done now. Will be interesting to see if the Kevin Lowe to Toronto rumours are true.

Quote Originally Posted by SectionNDeserter
    I agree, I think JFJ is pretty much done now. Will be interesting to see if the Kevin Lowe to Toronto rumours are true.
    It will be interesting to see if any changes in the management are made over the summer. Hey look another Leaf fan!!!!!!!!! WestLeafsfan and what a coincedence he is from Saskatchewan. Leaf fans unite.

Thumbs up A Huge LEAF Fan!

Quote Originally Posted by GBG BLEED BLUE
    It will be interesting to see if any changes in the management are made over the summer. Hey look another Leaf fan!!!!!!!!! WestLeafsfan and what a coincedence he is from Saskatchewan. Leaf fans unite.
    I live in a French community which is, needless to say HAB territory! I still am the biggest LEAF fan for miles and am proud of it. Win or lose, the BUDS are my team. I hope they can resign Sundin this summer and then find him a playmaker as well. I don't think Ferguson did a bad job, let's give him one more season to put the pieces of the puzzle together. The nucleus of the team is loking strong, including Raycroft. I really like all the youngsters and would really like to see Ondrus on the roster full time next year. Let Belak go, no need for goons any more. I see a lengthy play-off run next year at the expense of the HABS!

Thumbs up Blade Fan Too!

GBG BLEED BLUE, way back when....1989 - 1993 when my wife and I were at the UofS, we were BLADE seaso ticket holders. Section S, Row 7, Seats 13 and 14! Those were back in the good old days of Yakimishyn, Calder, and Fujita. They were referred to as the "Bing, Bang, Boom" line. Yakimishyn, by far was the heart and soul of that team. That's what the BLADES have been lacking for many years. This guy was small by WHL standards, but probably was the toughest player pound for pound in the WHL East(holds the BLADES PIM record). I didn't see him lose too many. He could agitate with the best of them. He wore number 23, and inherited that number from Kevin Kaminski. The number 23 had some history behind it. Yak didn't disappoint! A real crowd favorite and opposition pain. I miss those days! My allegiances have shifted somewhat over the years. A couple of kids I ahve taught(I'm a teacher) have made it to the Dub ranks with the PG Cougars and Brandon WheatKings. But, deep down, way down, I still bleed blue! applause