Quote Originally Posted by WestLEAFfan
I hope they can resign Sundin this summer and then find him a playmaker as well.
I hope they can resign him, but it better be at about half of what he is making now. In the new NHL, they can't afford to be grossly overpaying players like Sundin, McCabe and Kubina like they have been and have any sort of success. Pay these three guys what they are worth, and you have the cap space to sign that FA impact forward to play with him. (and maybe an actual defenseman). If Sundin is merely looking to extend his $7.6M contract, then I say let him test the free agent market, and use the money to sign 2 or 3 good free agents.

The nucleus of the team is loking strong, including Raycroft. I really like all the youngsters and would really like to see Ondrus on the roster full time next year.
I like Raycroft, but he just has too many Gills/Belaks/McCabes/Coliacovos playing in front of him right now. Their blueline needs a serious overhaul defensively.

Let Belak go, no need for goons any more. I see a lengthy play-off run next year at the expense of the HABS!
Me too, I think they are stuck with all those disgruntled Russian players on their team for at least the next year, so should help us at least in the short term . Belak can handle just about any player in the NHL in a fight, but he is sadly no longer able to keep up with the pace of the other players anymore, and has become a liability most nights.