Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Zimmer Suspended/ Vandekamp Fined

Quote Originally Posted by Giantsfan71
    I think you guys should meet at the monkey bars after school and settle this properly.
    The voice of reason at last...............well said GF71

"You won't fight me" - Mark Fistric

2007, the year TheBrass became a Mrs. and the Giants brought home the best wedding present ever!!

ALRIGHT....ENOUGH ALREADY! Zimmer's first penalty of the game was a called elbow, because he put his arms up to 'defend' himself from Brule jumping at/hitting him. (don't deny that Gilbert leaves his feet on many of his checks) The report I got during game 4 was that the league looked at it, and while they felt Lamb ducked, that it could have been a high hit that could have hit the head. IMHO a cheesey call on that one by the league.

That being said....did the Cougars play well enough to deserve a win? Don't think so. Did officiating play a part in that? Probably yes, but we know that when you draw Rehman as a ref, its going to be a crappy game with no flow.

So....I purposely didn't post on here until a day or so after the games, just to keep the emotion and heated comments out of it. If you are a Cougar fan you hated the games, the refs, and the non-calls Vancouver got. On the other side, if you are a Giants fan, you could easily have picked out just as many non-calls on the Cougars, but you loved the games anyway. Its a matter of perspective, and the perspective from PG is it was poorly called games by all the on-ice officials.
    I understand this is a rebuilding year, but come on boys!!

I think this little yelling match has gone on for long enough. I know you may have strong emotions about this, I know how this feels. But you guys have to grow up and move on. There is still more hockey to play in this series. So meet at the flagpole at 3:15 and end it.

Keep your posts on topic or I'll have Sput lock it up!!

When a team can't skate it's obvious they must clutch , grab or cheap shot. Zimmer did the same thing tonight in the PG's final game and Zimmers final game. There would have being NO suspension but the POWERS AT BE looked at it closely and there is a NO TOLERANCE for head shots in the WHL.
    If Vancouver's rich pockets had any pull then the player that smeared his elbow all over Kraus's face and broke his jaw would have got alot more than the measily 3 games he did get !!! Give you head a shake and keep the posts sane.