Vancouver Giants

05/06 BC Division & Western Conference Regular Season Champions

05/06 Western Conference Playoff Champions
    05/06 WHL Playoff Champions

06/07 BC Division Champions
    06/07 Western Conference Playoff Champions

2007 MEMORIAL CUP CHAMPIONS!!!!!

BIG_CLAW Guest

Are there any giant posters that are over over 12 years old?

Quote Originally Posted by BIG_CLAW
    Answer: About as many as other teams have

Have a nice day
    "You won't fight me" - Mark Fistric

2007, the year TheBrass became a Mrs. and the Giants brought home the best wedding present ever!!

Quote Originally Posted by BIG_CLAW
    you might want to say that about your own posters...

"that team always ducks?" I've been watching them all season and the vast majority of Giants players I've seen take the hit and give it. And i have never seen a Cougar player duck a hit.. oh no never.. yeah right

"once more the WHL caters to those with the money?" are you freaking kidding me? what a pathetic statement, it has nothing to do with being poor it has to do with taking dangerous and vindictive plays out of the game.

here's a reminder boys the very first penalty of the game was a Zimmer ELBOW clear-cut and deliberate, so its not like he's above that kind of play.

The check in question whether it was a high elbow or not, was a check from behind (right on the numbers) - with more than few strides to get a head of steam up. From what I saw it was an intent to injure and that's how it was called (not that I am a Rehman fan or anything.. cause I'm not).

now I may be biased the other way, but this is going both ways and you've got to acknowledge that it was dirty hit and could have been a very serious injury, which luckily it was not. I admit when my players make dirty hits. Maybe you guys should too. Whether or not it should have been a suspension is definitely debatable though.
    My Vancouver Giants focused Blog

A Shot From The Corner

http://giantshockey.wordpress.com/

BIG_CLAW Guest

You might be biased? Your whole post just forgets about Brule jumping zimmer from behind in game 2. please enlighten on that play. :skeptical

[QUOTE=dondo]you might want to say that about your own posters...

"that team always ducks?" I've been watching them all season and the vast majority of Giants players I've seen take the hit and give it. And i have never seen a Cougar player duck a hit.. oh no never.. yeah right

here's a reminder boys the very first penalty of the game was a Zimmer ELBOW clear-cut and deliberate, so its not like he's above that kind of play.

The check in question whether it was a high elbow or not, was a check from behind (right on the numbers) - with more than few strides to get a head of steam up. From what I saw it was an intent to injure and that's how it was called (not that I am a Rehman fan or anything.. cause I'm not).
    QUOTE]

First of all I never said that they always duck, I said they do one of three things, blow snow, duck or dive, maybe on the odd occaison they will take a hit but not too often. Second Im not really gonna go into that hit because I didnt quite see it from my point of view. But about the hit he got suspended for that was absolute b.s. Have you even seen the hit? You must not of or else you have a terrible grasp of the game and have no idea about the fundamentals of hitting. You might want to check a replay of it and for you, you'll probably want to put it in slow motion so you can see the whole play unfold nice and clearly. When you do see it, you will notice Lamb skating with the puck down the boards and as soon as he sees Zimmer coming to hit him he gets scared so he goes down on one knee to try and dodge the hit. Why would he do that? Probably because hes an idiot, why is he an idiot, because in peewee you get taught to just take a hit because when you duck it you put your head in the impact zone instead of your body and chances are you will get hurt. Also watch Zimmers body as he goes in for the hit, hes in perfect form, arms tucked into his body(no elbows out anywhere) and finsihes his hit, cleanly, not from behind because if you watch closely you will see the side of his head hit the top part of the bench and his face bounce off of the padding on the corner of the glass. Just because Zimmer knows how to hit and can hit hard doesnt mean its an attempt to injure penalty. So dont bother trying to bring that up again until youve taken a look at it and learned a bit more about the mechanics of the game of hockey.

C.F Guest

[QUOTE=bones]
    Quote Originally Posted by dondo
    you might want to say that about your own posters...

QUOTE]

First of all I never said that they always duck, I said they do one of three things, blow snow, duck or dive, maybe on the odd occaison they will take a hit but not too often. Second Im not really gonna go into that hit because I didnt quite see it from my point of view. But about the hit he got suspended for that was absolute b.s. Have you even seen the hit? You must not of or else you have a terrible grasp of the game and have no idea about the fundamentals of hitting. You might want to check a replay of it and for you, you'll probably want to put it in slow motion so you can see the whole play unfold nice and clearly. When you do see it, you will notice Lamb skating with the puck down the boards and as soon as he sees Zimmer coming to hit him he gets scared so he goes down on one knee to try and dodge the hit. Why would he do that? Probably because hes an idiot, why is he an idiot, because in peewee you get taught to just take a hit because when you duck it you put your head in the impact zone instead of your body and chances are you will get hurt. Also watch Zimmers body as he goes in for the hit, hes in perfect form, arms tucked into his body(no elbows out anywhere) and finsihes his hit, cleanly, not from behind because if you watch closely you will see the side of his head hit the top part of the bench and his face bounce off of the padding on the corner of the glass. Just because Zimmer knows how to hit and can hit hard doesnt mean its an attempt to injure penalty. So dont bother trying to bring that up again until youve taken a look at it and learned a bit more about the mechanics of the game of hockey.
    The Cougs PBP guy's arrogance sure has rubbed off onto the PG fans. That or the other way around.

Keep up the classy posts, Prince George.

Quote Originally Posted by C.F
    The Cougs PBP guy's arrogance sure has rubbed off onto the PG fans. That or the other way around.

Keep up the classy posts, Prince George.
    Its not arrogance, its called knowing what youre talking about before shooting off your mouth like a fool.

I think you guys should meet at the monkey bars after school and settle this properly.
    www.GiantsBeat.com
    2008, 2009 Global Cup Champions
    2006, 2007, 2008, 2009 BC Division Champions
    2006, 2007 Western Conference Champions
    2006 WHL Champions
    2007 MEMORIAL CUP CHAMPIONS!