Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Zimmer Suspended/ Vandekamp Fined

Default Zimmer Suspended/ Vandekamp Fined

from, www.whl.ca

Date Player Team Description

March 29 Mike Vandekamp Prince George Cougars $500.00 fine for game miscondut vs. Vancouver on March 28

March 29 Myles Zimmer Prince George Cougars One game suspension for elbow major and game misconduct vs Vancouver on March 28
    I didnt see the hit, so I can't comment on wether it was worthy of a suspension, but this really has to hurt the Cougars.

Cougars are going to really have to come together to replace Zimmer, and get the win tonight. Might be the spark they need to bounce back though.
    Last edited by Beaner; 03-29-2006 at 04:38 PM.

RETIRED JERSEY: #32 CHAD SCHARFF

2. Thumbs up

Nasty hit on Lamb, good job it was a suspension!

Thats brutal, Zimmer didnt get his elbow up or anything, replays clearly show Lamb trying to duck the hit, so obviously when he goes down on one knee to duck it and he gets hit his head is going to take the full force of the hit instead of his body. Lamb just should of taken the hit but then again what else would you expect from that kid.

rinkrat Guest

Quote Originally Posted by bones
    then again what else would you expect from that kid.
    Please elaborate,I'm sure you can back up that statement with facts.

What garbage, once more the WHL caters to those with lots of money. Saw the same garbage last year with the Kooteany Ice and Ed Chynoweth. Of COURSE Giant fans will agree with the call, but I saw the hit and it was nothing worse than what that little toad Brule has pulled in the series let alone his career. I can't even count how many times this fruitcake has jumped 3 feet off the ice to take someones head off.

Pathetic, I hope the Cougars shove it down the league and Toigos throats tonite.

Default Impartial View

As an impartial viewer at the game last night I don`t think that the hit deserved a suspension or a major penalty. I had a great view of the hit and there was no intent to hit the head.

I think Zimmer had the idea that he pushed Lamb at the same time as he hit him he would tumble into the Cougers bench (always an amusing play). Unfortunatly Lamb ducked when Zimmer was pushing and hit his head on the edge of the bench. It looked bad when Lamb was on the ice, but in my opinion it reflected badly on Lamb when as soon as the benches were told it was a major and a game he got up and then played on the powerplay. I don`t know if he was playing it up but it didn`t look good.
    I think Zidan only wanted to see what would happen if an Italian took a real hit.

Zimmer saw a guy stationary along the boards, went to hit him and led with his elbow. Simple as that. Good call on the suspension. And good captaining, Zim.
    WE ARE ALL GIANTS.

Quote Originally Posted by Oh-Vee
    As an impartial viewer at the game last night I don`t think that the hit deserved a suspension or a major penalty. I had a great view of the hit and there was no intent to hit the head.

I think Zimmer had the idea that he pushed Lamb at the same time as he hit him he would tumble into the Cougers bench (always an amusing play). Unfortunatly Lamb ducked when Zimmer was pushing and hit his head on the edge of the bench. It looked bad when Lamb was on the ice, but in my opinion it reflected badly on Lamb when as soon as the benches were told it was a major and a game he got up and then played on the powerplay. I don`t know if he was playing it up but it didn`t look good.
    Exactly how I saw it as well. I figured a 2 minute minor would be assessed and that would be the end of it. Rehman didn't have a clue out there last night. I should also add that I'm not blaming the refs because we would've lost even if the reffing was fantastic . . . but it was not. The guy was in WAY over his head and it's too bad because it could've been a much more enjoyable game.

rinkrat Guest

Quote Originally Posted by KBF
    What garbage, once more the WHL caters to those with lots of money.
    What a pathetic post.
    I'd say that by definition the team owners are ALL rich.I don't see too many poor people buying WHL teams.
    Grow up and stop making lame excuses.
    Last edited by Tinner; 03-30-2006 at 09:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by rinkrat
    Please elaborate,I'm sure you can back up that statement with facts.
    Oh sorry I should of said "what do you expect from that team." Anytime they are about to get hit they do one of three things, blow snow, duck or dive. Its sick to watch it. About as sick as watching Slade dive when no one is around him, does he not realize how pathetic it looks when he flails himself backwards and throws his stick, everytime, and the league is embarrasing itself when it lets guys do this and calls penalties on the opposing team for b.s. like that.