Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Former Giants Playing Pro

Quote Originally Posted by caps05
    Milan Lucic had the Gordie Howe tonight.

First NHL goal and assist, and 2nd NHL fight against established NHL tough guy Raitis Ivanans.
    Great Game!
    Nice goal too, on a 2 on 1, Lucic gets the pass and tips it past Bernier.
    Only highlight video I could find was here:
    www.nhl.com/nhl/app?service=page&page=Video

hollcan Guest

Default Albers makes '07 Debut with Aeros

After losing their first 4 games, Houston coach Constantine finally iced Paul Albers and the result was their first win of the year. Paul never made the scoresheet but played his steady, consistant, game getting some PP and PK time while playing a regular shift. Constantine knows Paul's ability and I'm sure will steadily increase his playing time while having to somehow decrease the time of some of the vets(some of which have Minnesota Wild backing). Good job Paul, we'll keep following your progress.

Default AHL Clash of the Giants Night

Surfing hockey scores this morning and thought this was cool...
    Makes me want to head to "small" town America for a few games....
    All Games were last night, Friday October 17.

Milwaukee Vs. Peoria
    Franson and Grant Vs. Schwarz
    Would have been great to see a few Franson point shots on Schwarzy, but Schwarz was on the bench all night, though.

Rockford Vs. Iowa
    Bertram Vs. Festerling and Mikkelson
    I know the Bertram thing is a stretch...Would have been better is it was Houston V. Iowa, then Albers and Kassian would have been in the mix last night...
    Fester gets his first assist of the season.

Chicago Vs Quad City
    Machacek Vs. Watt
    In true form Watt takes a what I'm sure was a bad high sticking penalty
    Of note...Quad City has a Giants nemesis Goalie tandem of Irving and Keetley...

Rochester Vs. Manitoba
    McArdle and Repik Vs. Bliznak
    Bliznak gets his first Pro assist....

Springfield Vs. Providence
    Brule Vs. Rabbit
    Rabbit nets his first of the season short handed
    Warm Up the Bus....

Can you honestly imagine Milan Lucic still playing in the WHL??? My god, hed kill guys!! Him coming down on a kid like Matt Calvert would just be a disaster!

And Luc got his first of the season last night!
    As well as Machacek getting his first Pro assist on a GWG, and Bliznak getting his 2nd in 2 nights.
    Franson got his first Goal of the season, and McArdle got his first assist too...

Go Giants!
    Last edited by Section_Z; 10-19-2008 at 03:45 PM.
    Warm Up the Bus....

Default Lucic Bags another Hat Trick!

Gordie Howe style against the Thrashers last night...

And Repik should be in town tomorrow agianst the 'Nucks, as he is on the current road trip and played last night against Calgary.
    Warm Up the Bus....

Brule was sent back down.

Lucic has found a great home in Beantown -- they love him there

Good to see Reps get his first NHL goal in his first game and hoping he shreds Sanford tonight .

A few nights back Machacek had his first fight in the A, wearing number 8 on the Wolves, taking on a tough guy and hanging in there while getting a bit beat up. His team was up 3-0 in the game at the time, and I believe he had one of the goals. Well done Spence.
    My Vancouver Giants focused Blog

A Shot From The Corner

http://giantshockey.wordpress.com/

Default Lucic great article on NHL.com

Lucic endearing himself to fans from all over.

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=395455
    Warm Up the Bus....

Lucic is what the NHL needs. A tough skilled winger who is a sweetheart of a guy, cares when he injures others and has respect for his team and team mates and community.

Milan has been brought up right and Hay's influence is huge.

After all the whining piece of crap players not willing to show up -- fans around the league are delighting in a player who had to work for everything he has, is willing to continue to work for it and will never be the guy who disses his team mates, or acts out inappropriately like some we have seen lately.

The league desperately needs players like this who LOVE and feel privileged to be in the NHL and are contributing at all ends of the ice.

Well done Milan, we all love you -- that's the way to be remembered, not as some whining petulant cry-baby with no respect for anything. I think fans are really beginning to tire of those antics and the wave of the future of the NHL if it's to grow is to go back to old-school hard-nosed yet respectful hockey.

A Shot From The Corner

Default Gally

what's Gally up to?

http://www.hamiltonbulldogs.com/pres...article_id=105

Hamilton, Ontario – The Hamilton Bulldogs defeated the Rochester Americans 4-3 at Copps Coliseum on Saturday night. Blake Geoffrion scored two goals including the game-winner and Brendan Gallagher added a goal and an assist.
    http://www.hamiltonbulldogs.com/pres...article_id=101

GALLAGHER TO DONATE TO PROSTATE CANCER RESEARCH
    By: Hamilton Bulldogs
    11/01/2012 2:12 PM -

HAMILTON, ON – The Hamilton Bulldogs announced today forward Brendan Gallagher will donate $250 for every Hamilton Bulldogs win and $20 for every Vancouver Giants victory during the month of November to the Canadian Cancer Society for prostate cancer research.

“One of my favorite memories as a kid was seeing my grandpa in the stands at my hockey games,” said Gallagher. “After the game he would give me $20 and I would run to the concession stands and buy popcorn for $5 and bring the other $15 home.” In addition to the $250 being donated after every Bulldogs win, the forward will donate $20 for every Vancouver Giants win in the month of November in memory of his grandfather. “I am proud that in my last two seasons in junior with the Giants, I was able to help raise $15,000 for prostate cancer research and I hope to continue to raise money in honour of my grandfather”, said Gallagher.

Fans can help Brendan raise money for prostate cancer research by visiting the following website: http://bit.ly/TwVq9P

A Shot From The Corner