Thread: Hawks Gut out Game 7 Win

Default Hawks Gut out Game 7 Win

Was offered a free ticket so me and 3000 of my closest fans trekked down to the Key to watch game 7. What a gutsy effort by the Hawks! Seemingly the Hawks had everything going against them...
    Funk missed the game again
    Gagnon scores a Hat trick in the first to put the T-birds up 3-0 at the intermission.
    Youg goalie who just gave up three goals in game 7
    Thunderchild gets helped off early in the 2nd, not to return
    A minute later Dailey's laying face first on the ice...problem is, his right skate is facing the sky. Definately a break or two in that leg.

Putting all that behind them, and now sakting two short, teh hawks put two in the net in the 2nd, one with 6 to go in the third and win it in OT.

Heck of an effort. Good luck with Vancouver.

Amazing the way sports can unfold. Teams rally around an injured comrade or extra ice time brings out the best in others. Bailey will be sorely missed against the Giants . Good luck vs The Rockets

Default Great job, Portland!!!

Congratulations, on a hard-fought series victory. FINALLY, the WinterHawks won a First Round series, again. I am actually & typically a Silvertips fan, but I was really rooting for your team in this particular series. And how about the rookie Mucha defeating the veteran Bridges?!?!?! Classic!!!

I wish that I could say that Portland got through the series unscathed, but there appear to be major injury questions going into the Second Round.

Good luck against Vancouver. Portland's offense & goaltending needs to be at its very best, to have a chance against the Giants.

GO HAWKS!!!
    Redwic

Here's the video of the winning goal scored by Bubnick in overtime..

http://home.comcast.net/~rikert4/hawkswinRM2.rm