Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Moose Jaw Bench

Default Moose Jaw Bench

We sit behind the away bench and in our section there is always a little cat calling which I don't think is an issue. Its always kept within good taste, no swearing or suggestive language. However during game 2 two gentleman in front of me were pulled out by security to have a chat about the cat calls. This is not a problem with the saddledome staff however, who from what I understand were told their actions were wrong by Dan Cesar. However the Moose Jaw bench complained to the posted security guard about the language (which as I say was not an issue). If Moose Jaw can't take it maybe they should shut their own fans up too who from what I understand can get into cat calls pretty good. I think its great their fans are like that but if their bench is going to whine about it that is embarassing. Believe me when I found out they complained I was probably a lot more determined to continue on with the heckeling.

Some serious issues in MJ this playoff. is this typical?
    "Night will come and I will follow
    For my victims no tomorrow"

Bran Guest

Quote Originally Posted by nelson951
    Some serious issues in MJ this playoff. is this typical?
    They've had problems before. The fans get pretty into it, which isn't necessarily a problem, but sometimes people take it too far. I think the biggest problem there is that the fans are too close to the players. I can think of at least 2 altercations between fans and players in the tunnel. The fans shouldn't be close enough for that to ever happen.

What does this have to do with games in MJ? Its a Calgary fan complaining about MJ saying something to security guards about the fans heckling them during the game in Calgary.

Exclamation You Concentrate with Irritating Noise!!

[QUOTE=Brandon However the Moose Jaw bench complained to the posted security guard about the language (which as I say was not an issue). If Moose Jaw can't take it maybe they should shut their own fans up too who from what I understand can get into cat calls pretty good. I think its great their fans are like that but if their bench is going to whine about it that is embarassing. Believe me when I found out they complained I was probably a lot more determined to continue on with the heckeling.[/QUOTE]

I have been to alot of hockey games in my life.... all the way from the tiny mites right up to NHL. Both my brothers played hockey and I never missed a game. I've witnessed pretty much everything from serious catcalls, downright profane language, verbal abuse, physical abuse (among fans and b/w fans n players). I've been to cities allover western canada big n small, some are so quiet that you don't know they're there, then there's the ones that proudly cheer on their team and make some noise, and last but definitely not least, there are those loud boisterous troublemakers that think they're doing their team a favor by heckling the opposition and/or the refs no holds barred. At this time of year, its serious business down on the bench, and constantly listening to the background noise can be extremely irritating!! Whether it be a fan flapping their gums heckling the guys or some kid crying constantly or a drum pounding in your ear for 60 mins!!! I as a fan hate it when I have to listen to the namecalling and constant hounding ( and it doesn't matter what team it's being done to!!) What about Pogge complaining about the Lethbridge fans chanting POGGE .... hell, he coulda taken it as a compliment easily enough and showed em up! but no, he had them removed b/c the noise is just plain IRRITATING!!! Just b/c the Warrior fans heckle and can cause trouble at times does not in any way suggest the players/management condone their activities. They love to be cheered on, its a huge thrill! But jeering and heckling and obnoxious noise makes it hard to concentrate for anyone and I think that if you sit around the players benches you should be respectful to them and give them some respect!! They are all there to entertain YOU and make you happy!

Bran Guest

Quote Originally Posted by SeventhHeaven4U
    I have been to alot of hockey games in my life.... all the way from the tiny mites right up to NHL. Both my brothers played hockey and I never missed a game. I've witnessed pretty much everything from serious catcalls, downright profane language, verbal abuse, physical abuse (among fans and b/w fans n players). I've been to cities allover western canada big n small, some are so quiet that you don't know they're there, then there's the ones that proudly cheer on their team and make some noise, and last but definitely not least, there are those loud boisterous troublemakers that think they're doing their team a favor by heckling the opposition and/or the refs no holds barred. At this time of year, its serious business down on the bench, and constantly listening to the background noise can be extremely irritating!! Whether it be a fan flapping their gums heckling the guys or some kid crying constantly or a drum pounding in your ear for 60 mins!!! I as a fan hate it when I have to listen to the namecalling and constant hounding ( and it doesn't matter what team it's being done to!!) What about Pogge complaining about the Lethbridge fans chanting POGGE .... hell, he coulda taken it as a compliment easily enough and showed em up! but no, he had them removed b/c the noise is just plain IRRITATING!!! Just b/c the Warrior fans heckle and can cause trouble at times does not in any way suggest the players/management condone their activities. They love to be cheered on, its a huge thrill! But jeering and heckling and obnoxious noise makes it hard to concentrate for anyone and I think that if you sit around the players benches you should be respectful to them and give them some respect!! They are all there to entertain YOU and make you happy!
    I don't really buy that...It's a part of the game, these guys have to learn to deal with it. Yeah, some people take it too far...threats and serious verbal abuse should not be tolerated. However, in most cases, as you said, it's simply irritating. Guess what? That's the point! I grew up around hockey and I have friends that play or have played in the WHL, AHL, univerity...they've all dealt with it and you know what? Most of them don't mind the heckling. They realize it goes with the territory, either you use it as incentive to blow them away (ask a guy like Dustin Slade where he likes to play) or they simply tune it out...if neither of those things happen, then mission accomplished. Moose Jaw is one of the worst (or best, depending on how you look at it) places for heckling...It's a bit of a double standard to have them complaining about other fans doing it. They're trying to blow your concentration, it happens at all levels of sport...if these guys plan on making the NHL, they'd better learn to deal with it now. Hire a sport psychologist in the offseason, do whatever they have to do or they're simply going to let the fans win.

Default Every situatoin is different

If security stepped in and said something then they must have crossed the line. No different in any rink . If security has to go and give warnings and such then it is pretty simple to see that something is going too far. I have been to many rinks many different games as well and have seen lots of stuff. I am sure that people aren't proud of some of the stuff but it happens. What can you do about it.

I've been to many games in the crushed can and if the warriors aren't used to fans yelling and heckling, BELEIVE ME they should be...their barn is NEVER quiet and anyone thats ever played there should know they've got to be prepared to drown out and play through any and all annoying background noise by now...reguardless of whether its directed at them or the opposition. If the warriors can hack it in their barn they damn well better be able to hack it in any other barn.

Although I've gotta say, kudos to Hitmen security for removing the annoying fans. No one, fans or players, should have to tolerate verbal or physical abuse from a fan that crosses the line..... crushed can management take note.
    Last edited by patsfan33; 04-11-2006 at 08:36 PM.

Wern't we talking about Calgary fans heckling the Warriors bench? Not the Crushed Can.

ya, sorry about that..got carried away....ha..i edited old post