Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: HITMEN VS WARRIORS IN 2nd round

Default HITMEN VS WARRIORS IN 2nd round

algary, AB – The Calgary Hitmen will meet the Moose Jaw Warriors in the second round of the 2006 WHL Playoffs. The Hitmen have home ice advantage finishing five points ahead of Moose Jaw in the regular season.

The Best-of-Seven Eastern Conference Semi-Final Series is a 2-2-1-1-1 format.

See complete second round schedule below:

Game #1 @ Calgary Saturday, April 8th 12:00pm

Game #2 @ Calgary Sunday, April 9th 2:00pm

Game #3 @ Moose Jaw Tuesday, April 11th 7:00pm

Game #4 @ Moose Jaw Wednesday, April 12th 7:00pm

Game #5 @ Calgary Friday, April 14th 7:00pm (if necessary)

Game #6 @ Moose Jaw Sunday, April 16th 7:00pm (if necessary)
    Game #7 @ Calgary Wednesday, April 19th 7:00pm (if necessary)

Tickets for Home Games One and Two are now on sale.

-Door Price: $23.00
    -Family Pack (2 adults and Child) $45 (plus Ticketmaster fees). Each additional child is $10.
    -Kids Flex Vouchers 3 pack: $30.00 ($10.00 each)
    -Student/Senior Flex Vouchers 4 pack: $50.00 ($12.50 each)

All prices include GST and facility fee, Ticketmaster fees are extra.

Call Customer service at 777-4646 for more details.

Hitmen fans are encouraged to wear Army Green to all home playoff games.
    "Humans think they are smarter than dolphins because we build cars and buildings and start wars etc...and all that dolphins do is swim in the water, eat fish and play around. Dolphins believe that they are smarter for exactly the same reasons."

The entire series can be seen on shaw tv as well. If I remember correctly, the Hitmen had some success in the regular season shutting down the good Moose Jaw offence. Should be an interesting series.

Default Shaw Broadcast

The Warrior/Hitmen game is broadcast on Ch. 12 in Lethbridge and Ch. 10 in Calgary.

Icon32 Good game 1

Hitmen came to play today. All aspects were functioning and the team was disciplend. Great game by Schultz who played 27 minutes and Carson who played 25 minutes. Pogge was his old self. Never saw much of Reich & Letts today and Vantuch was quite. And a good game by the ref- Zalaski. Hard to beleive I'm giving him credit. Actually both teams stuck to hockey without all the cheap stick work that we saw in the first seried. And what a hit by Moore. Though for sure we were in for some fireworks after that. Maybe today, especially if Brouwer misses the game and the Warriors fall behind. And lets get more than 7800 to the game. What a terrible time- Noon for a game. Congrats to the HItmen and keep it going.

Quote Originally Posted by Hitmen1
    The entire series can be seen on shaw tv as well...
    And if you have Star Choice(?) too.

But for those whom have ExpressVu... still no games.

Damn they need TSN/Sportsnet (national broadcasters) to broadcast playoff games too.

Default Brouwer

Sad to say that Brouwer will miss today's game. Hope his knee is better for Tuesday nite. Go get em Warriors!!! Good luck!!!

Question...

How come Calgary was so average and almost lost the series to Lethbridge,and now they are playing well against a more talented team?

I was almost thinking Calgary was overrated a bit after round 1 but they have really kept things in check against the Warriors.How come?

Over the last few years, the Hitmen have the very bad habit of playing down to the level of their opponents.

Also, playing with the same intensitive every night, I can expect to see maybe one line performing sub-par, but not as it seems at times the entire time, and for a period at a time too.

Over the last few years, the Hitmen have the very bad habit of playing down to the level of their opponents.
    Are you saying that the Hitmen are the greatest team in the world and the Warriors r ****? Like i agree calgary is good but their no god.

Quote Originally Posted by skinnyhead
    Are you saying that the Hitmen are the greatest team in the world and the Warriors r ****? Like i agree calgary is good but their no god.
    I'm pretty sure that's not how they want it to be taken, although I can see from several posts on this board why you might think that.