Karl Benke 88
    Michael Wilson 87
    Myles Rumsey 86
    Paul Postma 89
    RJ LaRochelle 87
    Donny Lloyd 86
    Travis Yonkman 88
    Kyle Moir 86

These were the players that played in games last season eligable for the expansion draft. (Wudrick and Gervais were born in 90 so they are uneligable). It doesn't look like Ned will be back, as he has been playing for Manchester (AHL for the Kings), during the playoffs. I'm not sure who is on the Bronco's PPL to add but one name mentioned lately is Derek Claffey 89.

Teams will be allowed to protect either 14 players born in 1986, 1987, 1988, 1989, or 12 players born in 1987, 1988, 1989 and three over-age players (1986). Players born in 1990 and 1991 are exempt. Are the Broncos better off to protect 14 players, and leave the players born in 86 unprotected, with the status of Moir and Rumsey unknown as to them returning. I'm still unsure what they should do. I would like to see Moir back, but would hate it if he was protected, then we lose him to Nashville in the fall. I hope Dean has a plan, but what would you do?

I figure if they are part of the 17-18 year old core then they will be protected. I cant imagine the Broncos protecting multiple 20 yr olds.

Wait, i really dont think it will matter in the end who we protect, i imagine that on the day of the draft we will just trade them a player or two.

superfan Guest

Icon34

moir will sign, rumsey wont, ned might so we will protect 1 or 2 more 86s. my estimation will be rumsey,ned and schenderling as the protected 86s and aspinland if ned signs

Even if Moir or Ned signs, doesn't guarantee anything...look at Ian White for example. Signs a $500,000 contract (or something in that neighbourhood) and still played his hockey that year for the Broncos...It would be nice to have Moir for sure...yes it would also be nice to have Ned return but I think we can live without Ned with Tassone, Gervais coming up and to go with a hopeful injury free Bortis...

Default Who do we protect?

May not have to protect anyone. They have been mentioning a trade which will probably be with Chilliwack. We have the 6th overall pick and they are talking a D-man. I guess we will find out on Thursday when the bantam draft takes place.

Scout
    # 8-9-11-22 ALWAYS REMEMBERED

Default Jared Cowan

I was thinking when the sports mentioned we may make a trade i wonder if this trade talk could concern getting Jared Cowen. Jared is a 6'5" defencemen from Saskatoon who is projected to go 1st overall in this Thursdays Bantam draft. Spokane owns the 1st overall pick and the Cowen family have let them know if they pick Jared he will not report and will play Junior A and then go the college route. He is touted as one of the best 91 players in Canada and is described by some Scouts as the best defenceman to come out of Saskatchewan in over a decade. His parents want him to play close to home so they can attend most of his games.

Now Dean has said he is looking for a D-man to draft 6th overall. The problem is Red Deer picks 2nd and have had contact with Jared over the past season and he says he would love to play in Red Deer. Maybe Dean is looking to trade with Red Deer to move up in the draft and snag Jared.

Scout
    # 8-9-11-22 ALWAYS REMEMBERED

I was thinking the same when i heard that he was possibly looking to move up (or down in the draft). Dean has said all along that he wants a offensive defenseman and well Cowan has been described to a pronger (is that accurate). Any rate that was my first thoughts too when i heard dean yesturday.

Could somebody inform me as to when the Bantam Draft is this year? Thanks

Post I believe that I tried to tell you in a different thread and now even in this one.

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyGeorge
    Could somebody inform me as to when the Bantam Draft is this year? Thanks
    The WHL Bantam Draft is on THURSDAY MAY 4TH

I also created a thread that has all of the important summer dates(that is exactly what the thread is called),you can find it in WHL General Disscussion.

My twitter handle: @SaskHockeyFan23

http://www.tsn.ca/chl/feature/?fid=9654&hubname=

Good profile on projected top 10 picks, one of these guys should be a Bronco Friday morning. We pick 6th, lots of forwards rated there, could maybe trade up or down if they want a d-man.

As to some of the other discussion, White was back after signing because he was only 18, so he had to go to the Leafs or return to junior. Ned signed an ATO, and played 7 playoff games with Manchester recording one goal. Moir will probably sign if Nashville has plans for him, otherwise I think he goes back into the draft (same with Ned), whereas Rumsey won't go back in till next year. Moir could sign but be sent back to junior. I've also heard Aspenlind would be back over Schenderling.