Thread: Reduced Season Ticket Prices

Default Reduced Season Ticket Prices

In today's Leader-Post

The Regina Pats have reduced their season-ticket rates for the 2006-07 WHL season.
    The new prices are as follows: Adults ($350), seniors (60+; $255), students (18 and under; $99) and disabled ($99). That’s a saving of $22 for adults, $35 for seniors, $60 for youth (12 and under) and $150 for students.
    The primary target of this initiative was to make games more affordable for parents as well as young adults (students). The youth and student tickets have been grouped into one package — at a significant discount.
    Adults and seniors can also save an additional $40 by purchasing their season tickets by the early bird deadline of June 8.
    “We have made some changes to our ticket pricing for the upcoming season,” said Pats general manager Brent Parker. “These changes are designed to save you money and to attract more people to watch the most exciting and least expensive entertainment option in Regina.”
    Season-ticket holders also receive the added bonus of free parking — a value of over $100 — plus the right of first refusal on playoff tickets and on renewing their season tickets for the 2007-2008 season.

Bran Guest

So, as a 20 year old university student, I now have to pay adult prices, which I can't afford? I have always bought game day tickets because I couldn't afford season tickets, when I saw that Student-$99 I thought "hey, I can afford that!". So they lower the prices, and I end up having to pay more because they lumped students and youth into one category...I think I may have to call and talk to an actual preson, because this doesn't make sense to me. I could probably get away with a student ticket anyway, but that's not the point. People complain because it's so quiet, what they NEED are those university aged kids who can't afford to go to games.

Iconwhl Attn Bran

IF u take down your student ID card (if they request it) and say u want Student season tickets you should have no problems getting them cause you are classified as a student. I myself have been asked to show a student ID card in the past when buying season tickets or I'd be getting adult prices.

Myself im no longer in school but might be getting a friend who is still in school to get my season tickets as it is so much cheaper lol i can be a tight #ss with money at times lol

yup...i got a letter in the mail today which states:

"For the 2006/2007 season, anyone under the age of 18 or anyone with valid student ID can purchase a Pats season ticket for only $99 plus GST."

....as a 21yr old student...that, IMO, is one HELL of a deal, kudos to whoever made that suggestion
    Last edited by patsfan33; 05-05-2006 at 09:51 PM.

Bran Guest

Quote Originally Posted by patsfan33
    yup...i got a letter in the mail today which states:

"For the 2006/2007 season, anyone under the age of 18 or anyone with valid student ID can purchase a Pats season ticket for only $99 plus GST."

....as a 21yr old student...that, IMO, is one HELL of a deal, kudos to whoever made that suggestion
    Thank you for that!! That is an amazing deal...even if I only make it to the 10 or so games that I usually do anyway, I'm still saving money on the tickets, plus parking...And having season tickets, I won't have to miss games because I can't afford a ticket, so that's more games I'll be able to go to, right there. That just made my day...which was going pretty well already. I have a good feeling about today haha.

That's amazing.. But this is amazing as well. I lucked out in getting my 2 STs on the blue line this year for $1180. I'm a Vancouver Giant STH. lol cheapest ticket that I know of is a 13 walk-up. Maybe student is cheaper but Im so far removed from that age I don't check lol

Bran Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Swando
    That's amazing.. But this is amazing as well. I lucked out in getting my 2 STs on the blue line this year for $1180. I'm a Vancouver Giant STH. lol cheapest ticket that I know of is a 13 walk-up. Maybe student is cheaper but Im so far removed from that age I don't check lol
    Yikes! That's a difference of $240...I'm assuming that includes free parking though? That makes a difference as well because parking at PNE is something like $6 isn't it? Which is twice what we pay here, so that puts the two a little closer. I think they're trying to get more people to buy season tickets in order to boost overall attendance. The first half of the season, attendance was awful, the last bit of the season was awesome (not a single sell out though...one playoff game came pretty close). I think they figure lowering season ticket prices encourages more people to buy, and a good team will encourage more walk ups, resulting in overall good attendance. It's good for families, as well as for students...those are the people that tend to have the most problems when it comes to ticket prices, and catering to those people now, helps to ensure a solid fan base in the future as students become parents, and the kids in those families get older, etc...Good move.

Number_4 Guest

I know in Lethbridge that the early bird price for student tickets range from 269-289 depending on whether you are a shareholder or not. I may spend most of the hockey season in Leth, but I still make it home to Regina enough to justify buying season tickets for the Pats instead. The canes do have a $99 package, but thats for youth, not students. Silly that they make that distinction.