Thread: David Schulz prospect report

Default David Schulz prospect report

David Schulz Height 6'3" Weight 205 lbs. DOB: January 5,1986.

Schulz rounds out the Canucks contingent of defensive defensemen playing in the CHL. When the Canucks selected Schulz in the eighth round of the 2004 NHL Entry Draft, scouts were worried about his sparse physical play in spite of his decent size. Schulz has begun to prove the scouts wrong this season, as his physical play has increased substantially, and he is playing a meaner game in his own end. Possessing good foot speed and great lateral movement, as well as increased physical presence, Schulz is developing into a solid defender, and a player that - though it is still early - appears to have been worth the risk. Though his Swift Current Bronco's have struggled mightily this season, Schulz has relished the extra ice time, and has begun to emerge as more of an offensive threat, notching seven goals already this season, though strong offensive play was not what was expected of him when he was drafted. Now in his third full season in the WHL, and still only 18, Schulz still has plenty of time to mature and hone his offensive and physical games even futher, while playing a solid shutdown game in his own end.

Default Where Did You Find That???

Did Willis write that, kinda like his joke about Glass attacking his own teamate?? It's just as funny!

Default What a risk!

and a player that - though it is still early - appears to have been worth the risk. ---since when is taking a projected top three rounder in the eighth round a risk? I found that kinda funny. Anyway, not much beefs to report with Shultz right now since i haven't seen many games. Still not what he should be in my eyes and that should be taken as a compliment by having built up high standards, shouldn't it?

Default It's legit

I was reading a report on Vancouvers CHL propects and Schulz was on there.

Scout