Thread: Any news on the destruction/reconstruction of the CCC?

Default Any news on the destruction/reconstruction of the CCC?

Just curious on when that is slated to start. I figured they would have been waiting for the team to exit the playoffs that way they can start it sooner and in turn get it done sooner.

Default construction

All i heard was April. Never heard what year or anything else. Just kidding. It is this year for part one was what i was told and part two next year. But it is supposed to start this month.

Scout

Default Hopefully not much longer

Sounds like City Council hasn't put out a tender on this yet.

Better get on it Sandy and team, and not put it off any longer than need be.
    A Broncos fan I was born, a Broncos fan I will die! GO BRONCOS GO!

Default The Answer

copy and pasted from swiftcurrentonline.com

Civic Center Construction Still At Least Six Weeks Away

2006-04-10
    Author: swiftcurrentonline.com sports

Civic Center construction and renovation plans could be looking at an early June start if everything goes according to plan.

The City says the tender is still being prepared. Once it's ready the city will review and then issue it. They will then award the tender possibly by late May with construction beginning in early June.

Facilities Manager with the City, Dean Robson, says this will allow other Civic Center user groups like minor and junior lacrosse a chance to use the building for their season.

The $11 million renovation and expansion plans including a new curling rink were approved by city council February 14th.

Default Update

Civic Center Expansion Update

2006-05-12
    Author: swiftcurrentonline.com sports

The tender process continues for the Civic Center as construction waits in the wings.

The City of Swift Current was concerned with how many bidders they would get for the project with construction companies very busy, but appartently that has not been a problem.

New director of Recreation and Parks for the city, Dean Robson, says once the tender process closes, city council will make a final decision on the contractor.

The tender will close May 17th.

They are planning to build a "Brand New" arena I hope and not renovate. The Warriors are going to be in this building until 2008 for sure don't you think?