Thread: Cody Eakin

Default Cody Eakin

Just reading in the Booster an article about Cody. Very Impressive. He was one of four bantam players selected to compete in the AHL skills competion, as Winnipeg hosted the AHL all-star game. In the fastest skater competion Cody had a time of 14.704 seconds. He also hit four targets in five shots in the shooting accuracy competion.

I went to the AHL website and found this:

http://www.theahl.com/AHL/News/2006/01/25/1411288.html

Rbk Fastest Skater
    PlanetUSA sec. Canadian sec.
    Heat #1
    Adam Hughesman (bantam) 16.513 Cody Eakin (bantam) 14.704
    Heat #2
    Jesse Paradis (bantam) 16.273 Derek Whitehill (bantam) 15.105
    Individual with fastest time earns one goal for team: Canadian
    Heat #3
    Ryan Shannon (POR) 14.084 Jimmy Roy (MTB) 14.645
    Heat #4
    Aleksander Suglobov (ALB) 14.459 Braydon Coburn (CHI) 14.673
    Heat #5
    Ryan Vesce (SPR) 14.604 Jeff Tambellini (MCH) 14.398
    Individual with fastest time earns one goal for team: Ryan Shannon, PUSA

Rbk Accuracy Shooting
    PlanetUSA hits/ att Canadian hits/ att
    Adam Hughesman (bantam) 1/ 7 Cody Eakin (bantam) 4/ 5
    Jesse Paradis (bantam) 1/ 7 Derek Whitehill (bantam) 1/ 7
    Bantam player with most hits in fewest attempts earns
    one goal for team: Canadian
    Keith Aucoin (LOW) 4/ 8 Eric Fehr (HER) 1/ 7
    Valtteri Filppula (GRA) 2/ 8 Martin St. Pierre (NOR) 4/ 8
    John Pohl (TOR) 3/ 8 Denis Hamel (BNG) 3/ 8

Eakin and Whitehill also won the puck control relay.(looks like the bantam relay was teams of two)

It sounds like he excited to be coming to Swift, and by the way he competed as a 14 yr old against pros, I think alot of people are going to be excited to see him in a Bronco uniform.

Default Eakin

He will be a treat to watch. They say he was the most pure gifted talent in this bantam draft. Lets hope he doesn't get the rookie bug that got Bortis. His dad Dallas also played in the WHL for Lethbridge Broncos so i'm sure his dad filled him in on the atmosphere of the old Civic Center and its fans.

Scout
    # 8-9-11-22 ALWAYS REMEMBERED

Quote Originally Posted by Scout
    He will be a treat to watch. They say he was the most pure gifted talent in this bantam draft. Lets hope he doesn't get the rookie bug that got Bortis. His dad Dallas also played in the WHL for Lethbridge Broncos so i'm sure his dad filled him in on the atmosphere of the old Civic Center and its fans.

Scout
    If he played for Lethbridge Broncos I don't think he would know much about the Civic center in Swift since we didn't have a team in the league at that time. Unless of course, he vivited Swift in a non-hockey capacity.

Remember the past, live for the present, look to the future.

I support the TEAM no matter WHO is coach or on the board 'cause I AM A BRONCO FAN!!!!

Default Two things may have happened

First i made a typo. His dads name is Grant not Dallas. Now his dad played for Lethbridge from 75-77. Filling in Cody about Swift, i'm guessing his dad either attended camp in Swift before the Broncos moved or he talked to alot of the players who played in Swift and then made the trek to Lethbridge. Cody mentioned that his dad filled him in on Swift Current and said it is a great hockey town. Also read in the paper that our second pick is Cody's team mate and one of his best friends so they are both really excited to be coming to the same team.

Scout
    # 8-9-11-22 ALWAYS REMEMBERED

Eakin Also called up Myles Rumsey another winnipeg boy and asked him about swifty and after talking to myles he sounds pretty pumped.