Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Welcome Oil Kings

IR GARD Guest

Default Welcome Oil Kings

I wanted to be first to post on the Oil Kings spot. It will be interesting to see how the team is built in comparison to other recent expansion teams. Everett and Vancouver have made it so there are high expectations soon after the inaugural year.

Quote Originally Posted by IR GARD
    I wanted to be first to post on the Oil Kings spot. It will be interesting to see how the team is built in comparison to other recent expansion teams. Everett and Vancouver have made it so there are high expectations soon after the inaugural year.
    I hope they will be a bit more consistent than franchises in the past. No one wants to see them move again in a few years. I think with the Oilers owning them they will be a solid franchise.
    Scars are just tattoo's with better stories!

Is it for sure that the team is named the Oil Kings?

No the name is not official yet. But I think we the fans should push for Oil Kings.

RETIRED JERSEY: #32 CHAD SCHARFF

Would they go with the same logo or re-invent something to this day in age?Anyone have a picture of what the old Oil Kings jerseys looked like?

not sure about their jerseys, but there are a couple of examples of their logos here

http://www.logoserver.com/WesternCHL.html
    My Vancouver Giants focused Blog

A Shot From The Corner

http://giantshockey.wordpress.com/

rinkrat Guest

They could have LA Kings type jerseys,nice!

Lightbulb

I hope they go with something original.

The Edmonton Ice was definately original in color, style, logo, etc.

Hopefully, they can get Todd McFarlene to design it, like he did an Oiler's jersey. But this time, the league accepts it.

Ricobob Guest

Default Edmonton Ice original??

Quote Originally Posted by The_Vulk
    I hope they go with something original.

The Edmonton Ice was definately original in color, style, logo, etc.

Hopefully, they can get Todd McFarlene to design it, like he did an Oiler's jersey. But this time, the league accepts it.
    I don't think the Ice was original. The colors were taken from Washington Capitals, but the logo was cool.

As far as colors, I hope the new Edmonton franchise will have something similar to the Oilers...maybe copper for a home jersey. After watching the Mem Cup this past week, I must say the Remparts jersey are very nice. Away colors are retro and so are the home...not white but beige...looks wicked.

I believe this new WHL team will be a success. The Oilers will run it properly and will use the Flames/Hitmen template which is proven success. The reason why the Ice didn't succeed is that they played in a crappy building. The Agricom is a terrible place to watch hockey. Brutal sight lines, tiny concourse and overall, too small. At the time, Peter Puck still owned the coliseum and was too much of a bastard to let the Ice use the building.

I think if they went with the "Oil Kings" as the teams nickname... would have made "Wild" Bill Hunter extremely proud.