Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: NHL signings

loud and proud Guest

Default NHL signings

Is there somewhere central to find out who has signed contracts or do you just have to check each site. If the deadline for the guys drafted in June 2004 is tonight at midnight, shouldn't there be more press coverage or am I just missing something?

Default Moir

So where does that leave Moir? Without a contract from Nashville is he a free agent and eligible for the June 2006 draft?

The way it sounds, Kyle Moir is indeed going back into the draft as no deal was made with him and Nashville. Makes a guy think he'll be around for one more year. Would you think the Broncos would like to trade him and get some help, maybe a top forward or an offensive d-man perhaps? Just curious...

rinkrat Guest

Hard to believe Moir isn't signed.I only saw him play a few times,but he was incredible.I would snap him up in a heartbeat if I was an NHL GM!

goes to show just how good you have to be.

A buddy of mine kinda put it in perspective - every guy who makes it to the next level is the very best of his previous level.

So if a player is among the very best in his city in a given year he might go to Bantam and then he has to be the best or top eight (say) on that team to be considered to go to the Dub, then he has to be top of his team (very top two or three players (on his draft year ideally) to be even considered by the scouts. You have to be the best at every level to even get drafted into the NHL and then there are still no guarantees.

The guys in the NHL, even the plumbers are all phenomenal players - so when you get a player like Gretzky or Crosby the odds are astronomical. We wonder why these guys make the kind of money they make, but if you were to weed out the top businessmen and look at the top 1% ... you can see that they make that and more. Interesting eh?
    My Vancouver Giants focused Blog

A Shot From The Corner

http://giantshockey.wordpress.com/

Moir will be back i have been saying that all along. Now he will probably be drafted again this summer so there is the outside chance he signs and moves up a level. But i doubt it. Also given the age and the fact that this team could be a top team in a year he will be dealt for player(s) to help the team win next year and the year after.

Iconwhl

Yes i agree Moir will be dealt but he WONT be dealt for a top forward of offensive d-man....u dont trade for a goalie like Moir and give up a top player in return, cuz ur not really gaining anything for that season.....Moir will be dealt for young prospects maybe the Broncos would get a 18 yr old who could step in right away but that player wouldnt be the key to the deal...

I never understand why ppl think when a team trades a top rated player in there position that there going to receive a top rated player back in return..... 99% of the time u get a guy who can step in right away and a prospect or two...

CrazyGeorge look at it this way....how would it benifit the Broncs to trade Moir away for a top forward or offensive d-man.... u go get that kinda guy to help ur team out and make a push but then.....oh wait we have no goalie now not trying to be a *sshole here but sometimes ppl gotta think before they talk about possible trades and what they should get back in return

The Broncos trades Todd Ford for Tyler Redenbach now didn't they? Todd Ford is an above average goalie...so yes, teams will make that type of trade. I rest my case!!

Iconwhl

Tyler Redenbach was a no body in the league until he played with Justin Williams (a pure goal scorer) he had potential yes and the Broncos noticed that in the deal but by no means at all was he a the set up man like he was when he played with Williams...... i rest my case look at Redenbach's stats before he played with Williams