Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Expansion Draft...

Default Expansion Draft...

anyone like to share their opinions on who they think will or would like see to go/stay??

I'm not going lie, if they take Reinhart, I'm throwing a damn party

...although i wouldn't cry if Fauth, J. MacDonald, or Lind were chosen either, I'm not a Pyett fan either but I highly doubt that he is going to be unprotected....

...i've got mixed feelings about Reeks, he had his highs and lows last year, Rowats got a bright future, but I dunno if he's ready for #1 yet... i guess i still have faith in Reekie so IMO i think one would be quite moronic to have David up for grabs (although I'm sure he won't be...)

...we give up N.Ross, Rowat, Deck, Festerling, Schira, Teubert, or Bernhardt I might forfeit my season tickets....yes Parker that IS a threat

either way it does suck to see a member of the team go, best of luck to whoever is the "chosen one"...

Iconwhl

Hmmm... my thoughts...

Fraipont, Fauth, Senseman, McDonald, Sievert, Brownlee, Fuder & MacDermott are the most likely to be exposed...

Depending on what Chilliwack is looking for... If they are looking for gritty sandpaper-like players they might be looking for Fuder, Sievert or Brownlee.

If they are looking for a big defencemen that isn't afraid to clear out the front of the net they might take Fauth (leadership as well) or Fraipont.

If they are looking for talented players with their potential yet to be tapped they might pick Ryan McDonald, Michael Senseman or Matt MacDermott.

As players born in 1990 and 1991 (drafted in the 2005 and 2006 WHL bantam draft) are not eligible to be selected... Teubert is safe .

My protected list might look something like... Deck, Reinhart, Schira, MacDonald, K. Ross, Bernhardt, Festerling, Duval, Kalus (just in case... here's hoping ), Leffler, Lind, N. Ross, Pyett, Reekie, Rowat.

Derek Hulak and Matt Delahey might also get protected...

Left field is where I might be with my thoughts but that's just what they are...

Quote Originally Posted by patsfan33
    I'm not going lie, if they take Reinhart, I'm throwing a damn party
    As much as I am not a fan of his either... I think the Pats missed him on many occasions. I am not going to cut anyone down but in the playoffs when Reinhart got hurt and a 19 year old veteran (Fauth) was in the lineup i was scared EVERY time he was on the ice. I might be crazy here but I would keep Reinhart and maybe try to trade him... I'm sure there are a few teams that might want a veteran d-man with a mean streak (if healthy ).

Thats my opinion...

Iconwhl

Im going to have to defend Reinhart here... he isnt as bad as people make him out to be... the reason why so many pick on his play so much is cause he isnt a fast moving defenceman..... he is our most physical D-man on our team isnt afraid to fight anyone, stands up for his teammates, plays hurt alot.... he is our only D-man who can handle the bigger stronger forwards in our league, sure he doesnt have the foot speed but he plays his angles better then any of our D-man.... he is a drafted player on our team (only other player was Kalus) he made it to a NHL main camp....he will be on our team nexted season as our #5 D-man

He has great leadership for our team and remember he was hurt alot last season which kept him out of the line-up alot and not in game shape which made him look worse then he really is....he plays his angles the best on our defence...sure hes not a fast player but he does make smart plays when he gets the puck...remember these kids are still teenagers they will make mistakes...Deck makes tons of mistakes out there and couldnt fight his way out of a wet paper bag..but yet not many critisize his play much.

With our depth on our blueline this season i would love to see the Pats send a package deal involving Reekie and Deck to get a consisent goalie in our league (if theres any out there this season on a rebuilding team) Reekie wont be back as a 20 yr old goalie in 2007/08 seasonso deal him and a top offensive D-man in our league to get a very capable goalie who can take us deep into the playoffs..... but who knows maybe Reekie cuold just loose his starting job to Rowat kinda like how Harding won his starting role when he was 17..Harding did start the season off as the back-up but by xmas he has the starting role and ran with it.

All in all we should have a good team this season.. will be 100 times better if we could somehow get Kalus back.....

Quote Originally Posted by patsdude114
    ... he is our most physical D-man on our team isnt afraid to fight anyone, stands up for his teammates, plays hurt alot....
    ...Nick Ross and Schira are a hell of alot more physical than Derek out there, nobody has the ability to hipcheck like those two

... he is our only D-man who can handle the bigger stronger forwards in our league, sure he doesnt have the foot speed but he plays his angles better then any of our D-man....
    ...i haven't seen Reinhart 'handle' anyone and its not his foot speed that I cringe at, this kid gift wraps the puck to anyone who ISN'T wearing a Pats jersey (most of the time)...he is a vetern however, and because of that he isn't completely unreliable out there, but I have much more faith in our younger D

Deck makes tons of mistakes out there and couldnt fight his way out of a wet paper bag..but yet not many critisize his play much...
    ...i can agree with you (at times) on this one...i think both Deck and Pyett are overrated, but I'd have to say that I'd take those two, over Reinhart anyday....the way i see it however, this season, Schira and N. Ross have the potential to become our top d-men, these two know what needs to be done and how to do it

Anyway, the 'package deal' idea is definately one I'd support. I too would love to get a more reliable tender between the pipes, but I'm also interested to see what Rowat can do who now has one full season of dub action under his belt...but who knows, if Reeks come out in top form (and he stays that way), things could be interesting

All in all we should have a good team this season.. will be 100 times better if we could somehow get Kalus back.....
    Damn straight!

thanks for the input...and once again, best of luck to whoever is off to Chilliwack

Quote Originally Posted by patsfan33
    i think both Deck and Pyett are overrated, but I'd have to say that I'd take those two, over Reinhart anyday....the way i see it however, this season, Schira and N. Ross have the potential to become our top d-men, these two know what needs to be done and how to do it
    I would have to disagree with the overrated part... They do turn over the puck and make errors... but these guys play a ton... N. Ross and Schira will steadily get better... Enough has been said about Reinhart (he's only 19, give him a break)...

If I had a choice I would keep all 5 of them. Add in Colten Teubert as a 16 year old thats the teams "top 6" defencemen. I would try to keep all 6 around and go into camp with all of them and let the youngsters (Matt Delahey, Jeff Wright, Spencer Fraipont, Matt MacDermott, Stefan Schenieder [if he's still listed] et all) battle them for a job (if one hasn't been selected in the ex. draft).

The "package deal" would be an interesting idea, but I think that the Pats will keep going with Reekie and Rowat at least to start the season and if Rowat is able to take the starting job the more power to him.

If Rowat becomes the starter and the Pats were to deal Reekie and had enough confidence in Rowat... would they be willng to use a 16 year old back-up? Jeff Bosch or Matt D'Orazio. I doubt it, but weirder things have happened. And what about Ryan Neiszner? Hmmm....

I also think if the right deal came along "package" or not. Parker would be crazy not to take it . Goalie or scorer or both. I will be happy no matter what, 12 wins to 40 is happiness enough for me .

I think the odd men out will be Fuder, Faith and Sievert. I would think that an expansion team that can carry 5 - 20 year olds would jump at the chance for Fuder. Great character guy.
    Reinhardt will be protected, but I just don't see a spot on this team for him. Last year 16 year olds where playing before him and, with Tuebert, he falls further on the depth chart. I don't think you keep a 19 year old to be your 6th defence man and it won't help with his development. I would suspect that he might ask to be moved.
    For the last two years, he was just hurt too much to be effective. His development has been slow and he will not be able to adapt to the new NHL style of play.

Chiliwack picks Martin Hanzal... I can live with that.

lol..i totally forgot about Hanzal...i'm definately ok with that since he was such a asswipe about playing for us anyway...although he could have been used to make a decent trade, but all in all I'm a happy camper!

Bran Guest

Quote Originally Posted by nivek_wahs
    Chiliwack picks Martin Hanzal... I can live with that.
    I forgot he was even an option. Wonder if he'll report??