Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Warrior lineup for next season

Default Warrior lineup for next season

I can see Jones/ Boyd returning. I think we get one back for sure.

Lineup for next season looks okay. The year after looks outstanding.

2006-2007

McArdle(19) Jones(20) Holzapfel(18)
    Smith(18) Wray(18) Herman(19)
    Gillen(20) Bast(17) Robinson(18)
    Labreche(16) Prokop(16) Grecica(16)
    ---- all 3 are 16 which would mean no 16's on D.
    * not sure where to put McKenzie. I think he can play somewhere but it will be in a checking role for sure. He is huge and can skate well(in a straight line). He deserves to be here. Be a nice 20 year old on the roster the following season.

McKenzie, Hull, Nyren, Haag one of these 3 will make the team I think. Early to tell but I liked the seasons they had. Have to see who comes prepared.

Simpson(20) Grundling (19)
    Zetariuk(20) Erhardt(17)
    Chapman(19) Sutter(18)
    Stanton(17)/Suer(16)/Hamonic(16) will battle for the last spot.

Zetariuk could be dealt for an 18 year old dman or 17 year old. I don't mind loading up with the youth we have here. Just a ton of high end youth.

Morrin, Trebish will be in the hunt as well.

We have a Euro spot available as well. This Euro could be a huge asset as was Grundling.

Perricone (19)
    Jebson (17) ----17 year old rookie played in BC last season for Hope. A terrible team but he was the bright spot for sure.

Karambelas(17), Willow(16), Kaczmar(19) will also look to make the team.

***Side note is if Jones returns that leaves us with Gillen Jones Zetariuk and Simpson as 20's so one will have to go. That is okay with me. I think next season we will be okay but the year after and the one after that we will be outstanding. Could be a fun couple of years.

* Any ages are the ages the players will be next season.\

How about next season.....2007-2008
    Smith Wray Holzapfel
    Herman(20)Bast Robinson
    Grecica Prokop Labreche
    Burns Haag Maylan

Nyren, Hull could be on this team as well not sure who makes it. Euro as well could return if we get one. Who knows. This is just a guesstimate.

Erhardt(17) (Guy we trade Zetariuk/Simpson for from last season)
    Chapman(20) Sutter(19)
    Stanton(18) Suer(17)
    Hamonic(17) Smith (16)

Perricone(20)
    Jebson(18)

Default Looks pretty good

A good mix and well thought out.
    A couple of question marks
    - Gillen maybe should be higher than 3rd line I would think.
    - Big Mac should be in there as Robinson may have to fight to stay after a non productive season last year and the year before.

Quote Originally Posted by agent
    A good mix and well thought out.
    A couple of question marks
    - Gillen maybe should be higher than 3rd line I would think.
    - Big Mac should be in there as Robinson may have to fight to stay after a non productive season last year and the year before.
    I agree that McKenzie has a spot I just don't know where. He has to work on his hands to be productive at this level. He also has to be much more consistent throwing the body. If he does that he is valuable. If he doesn't he is useless to the Warriors.
    Gillen was productive in the playoffs playing with McArdle and Boyd. Who wouldn't be? He still has something to prove in my mind. I hope that he does it but I think we need to let some younger guys carry the load this season.
    I would like to us trade down in age a bit on the backend as well. Zetariuk could be dealt for an 19 or 18 year old that can skate.
    I also forgot to add in the new dman we just dealt for as well. He may have a shot at the club as well. Right age anyway.

Default Eric Frere will also be in the mix.

He is an 18 year old next season and should want to compete for a spot on the team as well.

I really doubt that Lang will trade Zetariuk. Zetariuk is a good leader and better than Simpson. If anyone, trade Simpson or Gillen, as one must go. (Assuming 1 of Boyd or Jones comes back) The problem with all these rookies is we have no clue how hard they've been working this off season, so there is really no way to predict which way it will go untill training camp.

Default You're right about that.

Quote Originally Posted by Hatguy
    I really doubt that Lang will trade Zetariuk. Zetariuk is a good leader and better than Simpson. If anyone, trade Simpson or Gillen, as one must go. (Assuming 1 of Boyd or Jones comes back) The problem with all these rookies is we have no clue how hard they've been working this off season, so there is really no way to predict which way it will go untill training camp.
    No different than the vets I guess. Who works hard and who prepares. I am going strictly on talent alone. I watched Prokop and Grecica play and they both have great size and above average talent. Of course do they have the drive? That is the question with every player even 20 year olds.

Prokop Grecica and Labreche have the skill level to play in the Whl next season. No doubt about it. Will they work hard enough to get it done that is the question. Lets not forget though I did mention another 4 players looking for spots and they are also young. 17 year olds. Nyren Hull and Haag are very good hockey players. They too will be looking to make the team. That gives us a ton of depth up front. We have alot to choose from which is a great situation.

Zetariuk is an okay dman. He doesn't skate that well. He doesn't fight that well and would fetch more in a trade. That is why I said deal him. Simpson can get the job done and Zets will get more on the trade market. That was my reasoning for that.

Default Oh yeah

Training camp will tell the tale for sure. I will say that Grecica and Prokop will make the team this season. Labreche who I believe is a very good hockey player may get one more year to develop as he is small like Bast but easily just as good. Just depends on how well Haag Hull and Nyren play or if they have any other young jems looking for a spot as well.

This is just my best guesstimate. That's all.

I hope and think Bast is going to have a break out year next season or the season after. He has heart, so small, but so good.

Default Labreche is suppose to have a little more skill...

I love the way Bast plays. So smart and works so hard.

Default Hockey database info

If Bast ended last season as they say on hockeydb.com

http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/p...id%5B%5D=89907

Then he could be 5'10" 185lbs by october/06 , is that small for a 17yr old forward?