Thread: David Stieler

Default David Stieler

Broncos first (and likely only pick in the euro draft) is David Stieler. Welcome to swift current Dave.

David Stieler 7/27/1988 C Kladno Jrs/Czech Republic 5.10 172

I am sure there will be more to follow later.

Default Hope he shows up.

If he plays for us this season, I hope he can be as pleasant a surprise as our last Czech, Daniel Rakos.

Speaking of which, does anyone know if Rakos is for sure returning this season?
    A Broncos fan I was born, a Broncos fan I will die! GO BRONCOS GO!

Quote Originally Posted by Quarter Pounder W/ Cheese
    If he plays for us this season, I hope he can be as pleasant a surprise as our last Czech, Daniel Rakos.

Speaking of which, does anyone know if Rakos is for sure returning this season?
    Broncos Go Euro Shopping Today

2006-06-28
    Author: swiftcurrentonline.com sports

The Swift Current Broncos are poised to add a European to their roster today with the annual CHL Import Draft.

The Broncos will make one selection in the first round today, 14th overall. They will pass in the 2nd round with the return of Czech forward Daniel Rakos for next season.
    Broncos Head Coach and General Manager, Dean Chynoweth, says they will look for a forward but will not rule out a defenseman.

Default Press Release

Broncos Make Pick in European Draft

The Swift Current Broncos announced on Wednesday afternoon that they have selected 18-year-old forward David Stieler in the 1st round of this years Western Hockey League European Draft.

Stieler, a 5’10, 175lbs. center is from the Czech Republic. He spent last season with Kladno of the Czech Junior league and accumulated the following statistics:

GP G A PTS PIM
    47 16 20 36 34

David was also a member of the Czech National U-17 team in Lethbridge a couple of years ago and was with the Czech U-18 team for three events this past season.

“He is a guy we saw two years ago in the World U-17’s that thought would be a good fit with the Broncos down the road,” commented Broncos Assistant General Manager/Director of Operations Elden Moberg. “David is a good skater with good balance and good hands to go along with a stocky build and is a guy who has a chance to produce offensively for us. David was passed up at last weeks NHL Entry Draft and will be coming to the Broncos next season to explore the opportunity of being noticed by an NHL team.”

His stats look pretty good, and he played on the same team as the guy who went first overall in the Euro draft. He is also a Czech so Rakos should be able to help him as a translator if required. They interviewed Dean on the radio today and he said he is a smaller, skilled forward, that is excited about coming over to play here.

It looks like we traded our 2nd round pick to Seattle.

Default David Stieler

I'm guessing here that the Broncos have dropped the rights to last years Euro pick in Richard Lelkes. The guy sounded like a trouble maker on and off the ice. Maybe its a good thing he didn't report. As for Stieler, sounds like he will report. Being a fellow Euro from Rakos home country may make the transition a little easier and i'm sure Rakos has already had contact with him. Should be a treat to watch as he is a speedster. I'm sure after he went undrafted he may have something to prove.

Scout
    # 8-9-11-22 ALWAYS REMEMBERED