Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Pre-Season Tourny/Fan Fest info

Default Pre-Season Tourny/Fan Fest info

Silvertips Fan Fest to Coincide with Pre-Season Event
    Everett, WA -July 6, 2006: The 2005-2006 US Division Champions, Everett Silvertips will be hosting the 3rd Annual Everett Silvertips Pre-Season Tournament at the Everett Events Center during the Labor Day Weekend on Friday, September 1, Saturday, September 2 and Sunday, September 3.

Something new this year will be the Everett Silvertips Fan Fest that will coincide with the tournament. The Fan Fest will be a chance for fans to buy individual tickets for the 2006-2007 Silvertips regular season home games at the Everett Events Center. Individual tickets will go on sale on Saturday, September 2, 2006 at Noon at the EEC Box Office. Fans will also get a chance to meet and greet Silvertips Players. Fans will be able to sit in seats that are available for 2006-2007 Season Tickets, and Mini-Game Packages. There will be various attractions, and activities on the concourse of the EEC that fans can take part in. Fans standing in line to purchase individual tickets will also get the chance to win some fabulous Silvertips Prizes. Any patron who purchases individual game tickets will get the chance to attend one of the Pre-Season Tournament games free of charge.

Along with the Silvertips, five other WHL clubs will also be featured during the weekend. The Silvertips U.S. Division foes, Seattle Thunderbirds, Portland Winter Hawks and Spokane Chiefs will participate along with B.C. Division rivals, Kamloops Blazers and the defending WHL Champions, Vancouver Giants will take part in this year’s pre-season event.
    Three games will be played each day during the weekend for a total of nine games in all throughout the event. The Everett Silvertips will play all of their games at 7:05 p.m. The 3rd Annual Everett Silvertips Pre-Season Tournament schedule and game times are listed as follows:

Friday, September 1:

11:30 a.m. Portland Winter Hawks vs. Seattle Thunderbirds

3:00 p.m. Vancouver Giants vs. Spokane Chiefs

7:05 p.m. Kamloops Blazers vs. Everett Silvertips

Saturday, September 2:

11:30 a.m. Vancouver Giants vs. Portland Winter Hawks

3:00 p.m. Spokane Chiefs vs. Kamloops Blazers

7:05 p.m. Seattle Thunderbirds vs. Everett Silvertips

Sunday, September 3:

11:30 a.m. Portland Winter Hawks vs. Kamloops Blazers

3:00 p.m. Spokane Chiefs vs. Seattle Thunderbirds

7:05 p.m. Vancouver Giants vs. Everett Silvertips

Single game ticket prices for the tournament remain unchanged from last year. Single game tickets are $10 and fans can save money by purchasing a Tournament Ticket Package. Tournament Ticket Packages are just $50.00 per person (a $40.00 savings over walkup prices) for all nine-tournament games.

Ticket packages for the Pre-Season Tournament go on sale Tuesday, August 1, 2006 @ 9 a.m. at the Silvertips Office, which is located inside the Everett Events Center (corner of Hewitt and Lombard). Fans may call the Silvertips office at 425-252-5100 and charge by phone (Visa, MasterCard, Amex, and Discover). Tickets packages will remain on sale through Thursday, August 31 at 5:00 p.m. Single game tickets for the tournament will also go on sale at the Everett Events Center Box Office on Monday, August 14, 2006 at 12:00 p.m. Fans can also order tickets by calling 1-866-EEC-TIXX or online at www.everettsilvertips.com. Normal ticketing fees apply if ordering online or via phone.

Everett Silvertips Hockey Club
    Keith Armstrong-Director of Ticket Sales
    email: keitha@everettsilvertips.com
    phone: 425-609-2809

Looks like a similiar schedule to last year, hopefully this time we won't have the game with 30 or so penalties...
    I take pride in not owning a cowbell!

Quote Originally Posted by ihlemic10
    Looks like a similiar schedule to last year, hopefully this time we won't have the game with 30 or so penalties...
    New NHL rules this year. Might be lucky if the games ONLY have 30 penalties.

Ahh defending WHL champion Vancouver Giants, I like the sound of that.

RETIRED JERSEY: #32 CHAD SCHARFF

Default big change

while last year the WHL said they didn't change anything on penalties, this year is different, they have openly said they are adopting the NHL's new stricter penalty enforcement. This should be very interesting as the stick checking the WHL has almost encouraged over the years should be a penalty now. Smaller, quicker lineups will be coming.

I am going to be buying my seats for this but will have the following games available for sale

I will sell the tickets for $5.00 each (half of walk up price!!)

Friday
    Morning and Afternoon

Saturday
    All Games

So let me know if you are interested in purchasing tickets from me and we can figure out how to meet up etc.

~Kristi
    Kristi
    ---------------------------------

I might have to take a little road trip! That sounds awesome! I might try and get out there for all the Sunday games...since Monday is a holiday.

Good early chance to see my boys, and see the new Canucks Grabner!

Anyone other Giants fans gonna go?

Oh, and to those of you who have been before..does it sell out?

Quote Originally Posted by Carebear
    I might have to take a little road trip! That sounds awesome! I might try and get out there for all the Sunday games...since Monday is a holiday.

No it will not sell out! No problem getting ticket walk up!
    Kristi
    ---------------------------------

Awesome, well I'll probably see you there Kristi!

Quote Originally Posted by Carebear

Considering the non Tips games had under 1,000 people there I think you are in good shape. The Friday morning game had maybe 150 people there last year, nice and personal with the players. You could hear all the coaches yelling at refs and I am pretty sure Slade heard us yelling at him last year...
    I take pride in not owning a cowbell!

well scrunt and I are going - we don't have seats yet (cause the regular 'Tips STH have until August 11th to request specific seats), but we have a place to crash booked and have purchased the ticket package.

So we'll probably see you there CB.. hey if you want, get in touch before you buy specific tickets and maybe you can get some close to where we are sitting (hopefully front row in the corner as is our want).

I don't think single tickets go on-sale 'til next week anyway
    My Vancouver Giants focused Blog

A Shot From The Corner

http://giantshockey.wordpress.com/