Thread: Civic Center ???????????

Default Civic Center ???????????

Has anyone in the know heard anything on the rink expansion? Moose Jaw has been given till Febuary/07 to have something concrete before the W.H.L. board on either extensive reno's or a new rink. Since the Civic Center expansion came in way over budget i have heard nothing as if the city is hoping we all forget. It was to start in April and now it's July and still nothing. Anyone heard anything?

Scout
    # 8-9-11-22 ALWAYS REMEMBERED

Last time i heard anything was the year end meeting when they said that the city still planned on doing it, but it was put on hold.

Default Expansion

There is supposed to be an update on the Civic Center expansion today. Anyone who gets the info please post on our forum. I still think the Civic Center will get the expansion and the curling rink will be put on hold. Any thoughts?

Scout

That is the obvious answer, especially with so many people against the curling part of it anyhow. The city better do something soon, the short term future is in there hands, and for all the good that the city says the team brings it would be hypicritical for them to not do something to the rink.

loud and proud Guest

The rink expansion has to go ahead or this city council needs to be turfed out come November. It won't get any cheaper if they keep delaying things!

Default Contract Awarded

Graham Construction has been awarded the contract for the Civic Center expansion. The problem is we are back to square one. It was reported today on The Eagle 94.1 f.m. that Graham Construction has to find out why the tendered price went up $3 million and try somehow to find contractors to bring in lower tenders so the expansion returns to $11 million. Sounds to me like the process will start all over. I really don't think we will see one brick removed this year and maybe not even next. If this tender process drags on again, prices will be even higher. Maybe the expansion should be done in stages with the East end of the Civic Center being knocked out and the 800 seats and luxury boxes added first so the Bronco's can get sum much needed income from the suites. Then phase two in a year or two could be the new dressing rooms and concessions. Year three maybe the curling rink. All i want is to see some progress on this. :burningma

Scout