Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Goaltending Wars

Default Goaltending Wars

Alright there is going to be a battle for the 2 positions in net this year with Moir, who is an overager, Yonkman who is going into his draft year, and Curtis who is entering his first year of eligibility. What are your thoughts on who goes/stays?

loud and proud Guest

Default Moir Goes

1) we get more trade value for him
    2) he doesn't want to be here and won't be happy unless he plays every game
    3) the young guys have a lot of potential, they need to be given room to grow and develop
    4) if we want to make a playoff run this year and have a contender next year we need the goalie to grow with the team not leave at a crucial stage

Quote Originally Posted by loud and proud
    2) he doesn't want to be here and won't be happy unless he plays every game
    I don`t dissagree that Moir should be shipped this year, but where did you get that information?
    I think Zidan only wanted to see what would happen if an Italian took a real hit.

I think that Moirs days are number as well, but you also got to factor in that it is hard to trade an overage goaltender, and get good value in return. Other than saskatoon (we arent trading with being in the same division), i dont see many glaring goaltending ****s on contending teams.

Kamloops could use a goaltender.Not sure Maniago is ready for the starting job.Possibly the Giants if Slade doesn't come back to the league.

a saskatoon/swift deal for moir could be a possibility as there is a trade history between chynoweth and molleken. the chances may be less likely with the broncos moving to the east division.

Quote Originally Posted by canadian eh
    Kamloops could use a goaltender.Not sure Maniago is ready for the starting job.Possibly the Giants if Slade doesn't come back to the league.
    Not sure what Vancouvers 20 year old situation is going to be like next year, but IMO Moir is an upgrade on Slade. (Playoff experience being the X factor that goes to Slade).
    I think Zidan only wanted to see what would happen if an Italian took a real hit.

How about Calgary? I dont think that they have Pogge this year, and Kyle is from Calgary (although that doesnt mean much).

Quote Originally Posted by Oh-Vee
    I don`t dissagree that Moir should be shipped this year, but where did you get that information?
    I'd like to know that information to. That's not what I'm hearing at all.

Remember the past, live for the present, look to the future.

I support the TEAM no matter WHO is coach or on the board 'cause I AM A BRONCO FAN!!!!

My thoughts...

For the Broncos to be successfull this upcoming year, they need to keep Moir as their #1. He is an amazing goalie (I would disagree with Oh-Vee about him being an upgrade on Slade... but that's another thing altogether ). From all reports I have heard is that Yonkman is a capable goalie, but do you want a guy with 12 games in the WHL to start and have a kid with 0 games as back-up? I wouldn't, unless it was a real rebuild year (teams can only rebuild for so long... look at the Riders ).

With that being said... unless the Broncos can get something of substance for Moir (if he is indeed on the "block") I would keep him.

But what do I know...