Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Goaltending Wars

Default Moir

I think the only reason Moir may not want to be here is because he wants to move up to pro. Kyle has spent his whole Junior career here and it is his second home. To say he doesn't want to be here, i've never heard this before and i think he enjoys it here.

Scout
    # 8-9-11-22 ALWAYS REMEMBERED

2. Default Moir

I would think Moir would HAVE to go. It's time to **** or get off the pot with Yonkman. We can't have Yonkman being an 18 year old that plays 15 games, then starting at 19. Ian Curtis can and should back him up. Don't tell me Curtis should play a year of midget as a 16 year old either.

loud and proud Guest

Default doesn't want to be here?

Yes, Moir wants to be playing somewhere as a pro, not another year in the WHL so indeed he doesn't want to be here. (Nothing especially against SC just not where he wants to be!) He's a 20 year old that almost made it and has one more year to prove that the big boys made a mistake by passing him up so he won't want any part of sitting on the bench while he helps another goalie develop.

Yonkman needs to have a chance to prove himself and Curtis is waiting in the wings. They both have energy and enthusiasm that this team needs. Attitude is huge at this level!

Besides all that, we have 4 -20 year olds and one of them has to go. We'll get more for Moir than the other three.

Thanks for clarifying L&P. As a jadded Canucks fan when I hear "doesn`t want to be hear" I automatically think Pavel Bure. :burningma

I am a little confused as to why Kyle didn`t get picked in the entry draft this year and that he hasn`t signed a free agent contract. That said, I am no scout, and we fans have a tendandency to over value our players.

I don`t think that this is the year for the Broncos. They will still be a very young team and an experienced goalie would be nice to reassure the back end. However, if we are playing for 2008/09 then Yonkman and Curtis need reps at the W level.
    I think Zidan only wanted to see what would happen if an Italian took a real hit.

Quote Originally Posted by canadian eh
    Possibly the Giants if Slade doesn't come back to the league.
    Doubtful. With Sexsmith Tartaglione and Orth all waiting in the wings, I doubt you see us make a move for a goalie. Maybe if the young guys arent doing well, but they will be given a shot. Might see them make a move around November, depending on how we are doing.

If the Giants do make a move for an experienced goalie, then the guy they will more than likely go after will be Price.

Quote Originally Posted by Oh-Vee
    Not sure what Vancouvers 20 year old situation is going to be like next year, but IMO Moir is an upgrade on Slade. (Playoff experience being the X factor that goes to Slade).
    20 year old situation is good. Slade, Festerling, Lamb, Scharff are the 4 projected to be back, with Fistric moving up a level.

Don't know if Moir is an upgrade on Slade, but I really do like Moir. I would call them even.

RETIRED JERSEY: #32 CHAD SCHARFF

I don`t think that this is the year for the Broncos. They will still be a very young team and an experienced goalie would be nice to reassure the back end. However, if we are playing for 2008/09 then Yonkman and Curtis need reps at the W level.
    Screw 08/09, i am thinking that 07/08 (next year) is the year they are playing for.

I am a little confused as to why Kyle didn`t get picked in the entry draft this year and that he hasn`t signed a free agent contract. That said, I am no scout, and we fans have a tendandency to over value our players.
    I imagine he will get at least a try out with a NHL team. He will just have to wait a month or so to find out who?

How about throwing a wild card into the mix. Eric Ferber. This is the american guy we drafted in the US draft. If he comes up he maybe he challenges for a roster spot (although being the same age of Curtis doesnt help).

I am a little confused as to why Kyle didn`t get picked in the entry draft this year and that he hasn`t signed a free agent contract.
    With the decrease in draft rounds, 9 to 7, you arent going to see too many NHL teams draft a 20, especially when they can just sign him after the draft.

I guess he didn't signed yet for whatever reason. Nashville drafted him in '04, and they have let him go, either they are seeing something they don't like, or he is asking for too much as a prospect contract wise.

I imagine since he was just released out of the Preds system, and just got thru the draft that he will be offered a try-out somewhere, and have a chance to earn a contract that way. I expect a lot signings to happen during NHL Camps or shortly after this year.

You had better have an incredible year to get signed with no try-out. IE: as a goalie a WHL Championship + Great MC tournament.

Albers got a contract with no try-out, but he had a spectacular year.

RETIRED JERSEY: #32 CHAD SCHARFF

rinkrat Guest

Thanks for clarifying L&P. As a jadded Canucks fan when I hear "doesn`t want to be hear" I automatically think Pavel Bure. :burningma
    Pavel had a clause in his contract that guaranteed his salary in the event of a work stoppage.The Canucks renegged on that!

Also,there were reports in the media saying that Pavel refused to play in the playoffs unless he was paid said money,this was not true and the team never once denounced it in the media,as Pavel had requested.
    After all that BS Pavel quietly requested a trade in the off season and the Canucks agreed,when he was not traded,he finally went public.
    The Greedy Canucks were and are still "the bad guy"
    Funny how the public eats up all the BS the media spews

^ have to agree on that one. I don't think Pavel was classless in this case and tried everything in his power to get a serious deal, before going public.

Anyway it almost sounds like SC has the same situation as we have, we have Tommy Tartaglione, Tyson Sexsmith and Slade all vying for the job

Tommy T deserves his shot and either he or Slade will have to be moved as it wouldn't be fair for Tommy T to play back-up this coming season. Now considering its a guaranteed Memorial Cup year for the G-Men, if Slade is not picked up during his try-out at camp - I see Tommy T being moved early on to give him the chance to start somehwere and show how good he really is to all the scouts etc.

If Slade goes pro, then we keep Tommy T - but don't expect to see Tommy moved before camp as I think the team will be waiting to see what happens with the NHL camps before making any concrete moves.
    My Vancouver Giants focused Blog

A Shot From The Corner

http://giantshockey.wordpress.com/