Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Fans Visiting Chilliwack - Information

Default Fans Visiting Chilliwack - Information

Arena Name
    Prospera Center.
    45323 Hodgins Avenue, Chilliwack, B.C.
    http://www.mapquest.com/maps/map.adp...y=CA&geodiff=1

Seating:
    5000 Permanent Bowl Seats, 67 Permanent Lounge Seats, 32 Handicapped Seating Spaces
    (Including Companion Seating) 108 Luxury Suite Seats, 300 Person Standing Room.

Link to Seating Chart: http://www.chilliwackbruins.com/cont...s/seating.html

Ticket Prices:
    Adults: $16.00
    Seniors (60 and over): $13.00
    Students (13 and over with Student ID): $13.00
    Children (12 and under): $10.00
    Standing Room: $10.00

Prices include all taxes and service charges

Single game tickets will be available August 28th.

Single game tickets can be purchased at any Ticketmaster location including the Prospera Centre Box Office located on the concourse level of the arena, or by calling 604.702.0062 to reserve with Visa or Mastercard. Tickets can also be purchased by visiting the Ticketmaster website.
    www.ticketmaster.ca

from, www.chilliwackbruins.com

Parking:
    Unknown right now if Parking will be free, or pay parking.

Food and Spirits:
    3 Concessions on the Main Concourse.
    1 Restaurant that overlooks the ice from the East end of the rink.

Link to info, including prices for all the food services at Prospera Center.
    http://www.chilliwackfoodandbeverage.com/index.html
    Just follow the links to find more info.

Concourse Movement and Flow
    TBA

Other stuff inside:
    Souvenirs - Right by the main entrance.
    Bank machines - Across from Section C according to the Prospera Center Website.

Accomodation
    Link to Hotel Discussion: http://www.whlfans.ca/showthread.php?t=7558

Things To do Around the Rink
    TBA

Signage, Noisemakers, Flags etc.
    Looks like Standard arena rules, signs ok, airhorns bad. Use your common sense.

----

Did one of these for the Giants, thought it would be handy for the Bruins.

Ok, I have never been to Prospera Center, so I just gathered this information from various websites about the Building.

Maybe if some of the Locals can help fill in some blanks/ corrections that would be great.

RETIRED JERSEY: #32 CHAD SCHARFF

Parking
    There is only paid parking for season ticket holders who wanted to have reserved spots in the immediate lots. Aside from the reserved spots, everything is free with plenty of space within walking distance.

Things to do around the arena
    I don't think there is much to do near the arena. There's a leisure center with a wavepool and gym, and sportsfields nearby. But anything else you want to do in Chilliwack you'll probably have to drive to. Maybe our tiny little malls and movie theaters qualify as things to do. If anyone else has any suggestions, let's hear them.

"Concourse Movement and Flow
    TBA"

LOL!

Not good.

The Souvenir booth is located in the south east corner of the rink directly above the zamboni entrance. The traffic flow is bad in front of the two consessions but once you get by the crowd its not too bad they also have a few small carts set up selling pop water ice cream and small stuff, and there is also a coffee stand in there as well.There is lots of street parking around the area good luck getting in the lot surrounding the rink. For tickets you can also call the bruins office at 604.792.GOAL (4625) here is a rough panorama i took at the end of last year http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v3...itched_002.jpg
    Last edited by dj-kris; 08-05-2006 at 05:40 AM.

Default Camera Policy

Every arena in the WHL is different. What is Chilliwacks "official policy" on cameras?
    Kristi
    ---------------------------------

Prospera Centre

Check the "Frequently Asked Questions" link. It talks about cameras and other info.

Cameras are allowed during games without flash.

Quote Originally Posted by BruinsFan19
    Prospera Centre

Check the "Frequently Asked Questions" link. It talks about cameras and other info.

Cameras are allowed during games without flash.
    It will be interesting if the Bruins follow that policy. I will email them and find out. Seems as if some WHL arenas don't care and others practically assault you if they catch you taking pictures.
    Kristi
    ---------------------------------

Quote Originally Posted by Coyote14
    Things to do around the arena
    I don't think there is much to do near the arena. There's a leisure center with a wavepool and gym, and sportsfields nearby. But anything else you want to do in Chilliwack you'll probably have to drive to. Maybe our tiny little malls and movie theaters qualify as things to do. If anyone else has any suggestions, let's hear them.
    I have heard that there will be a large corn maze in/near Chilliwack, which the Bruins' team will be sponsoring. If so, I plan to go there before the Saturday game against the Silvertips.
    Redwic

I'm not sure how the Bruins are about the camera thing, I know it was never an issue with the Chiefs.

And yes, there is a corn maze in the shape of the two Bruins logos.

Default I'm looking forward to seeing the Bruins

Out of curiosity, my wife & I stopped by Prospera Centre in Chilliwack a few months ago. Nice place, and easy to find. We are really looking forward to being at the Silvertips' first game against the Bruins. We hope to meet a lot of great fans in Chilliwack!

Welcome to the WHL!
    Redwic