Thread: Blazers and the media

Default Blazers and the media

So the blazers have banned players and coaches from talking to the kamloops daily news, because of negativity towards the team, maybe I am wrong here but over the last decade there has not been a lot of positive things to say about this team, yes they are slowly improving, which is good but if you want good things said then do good things and all will be good and i am sure the media will pickup on that, After living in Kamloops for many years and finally moving away I must say the team, the fans and the media need to stop living in the past and deal with the present and lets see what what happens, it just might be good, and hey maybe people will show respect to the city and the team,

This couldn't have anything to do with Jon Keen...could it??? ...kidding! He's the best pbp guy in the league and you guys are lucky to have him!!

1989 Memorial Cup Champions

Jon Keen one of the best? I don't think so, he is a very arrogant man and don't think he has anywhere near the talent Kirk Fraser has.

As for the anti Drinnan stuff, it's total and complete garbage. All he's doing is writing the facts, this team has been so awful for so long there are some wackos out there who still wanna live in the glory days and want everyone to talk about sunshine, rainbows and cotton candy when they talk about the Blazers. Sorry that's not reality, the reality is this franchise is a borderline embarassment to the entire city of Kamloops with the way things have been ran here the last decade and it's gotten only worse under new ownership. Out of all the people to blame for this team's failure people wanna blame a friggin sports writer. What a joke.

I too moved away and still carry a torch for the Blazers but i can till this day still hear Colin days voice when after firing Mr.Brown that he felt the team needed to go in a new direction , well Colin mission accomplished we went from winning 3 Memorial Cups in 4 years to being happy to make the playoffs .His jealousy over Mr.Brown and Stu McGregor started the downfall of this once great franchise .
    Colin , check out what Mr.Brown and STUUUUU are doing Edmonton at the NHL level ..ass clown!!

The Western Hockey League, Kamloops Blazers Hockey Club and The Kamloops Daily News held a meeting today in Kamloops to discuss the concerns raised by the WHL and the Blazers organization in regards to The Kamloops Daily News’ coverage of the franchise and the League. The meeting provided the WHL and the Blazers the opportunity to review their concerns with the newspaper.

As a result of the meeting, the WHL and the Kamloops Blazers have agreed to reinstate sports reporter Gregg Drinnan with full media access for the balance of the 2010-11 hockey season.

The Kamloops Daily News has provided an assurance that moving forward, coverage of the League and the Blazers Hockey Club will be fair and balanced.

all fans want is accurate reporting if the team sucks and manegement isnt doing anything to improve it then you get bad press. just like when youre winning its all feelgood news. mj newspaper & radio wouldnt criticize warriors if they went 0 -72 they'd just say how hard the boys worked. and we've had some sucking years. it just lets players and manegement off the hook .when people pay money to watch your product expect criticism. keep writing the truth Drinnan . i lived in Kamloops 92-96 great place
    Last edited by mjw22; 01-11-2011 at 08:26 PM.