Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: garth collins

It is a good point about what coaches encourage. I wonder what the encouragement from the Portland coaches is. For the last couple years I would think its not take any crap and hope the offense can make up for all the Powerplay goals. Late this season Portland did realize they would have it easier with the Tips to stay out of the box. Maybe if Collins came here, KC would get him out of the fight all the time mentality and have him focus on the game. Just make sure he still has some of it in him to stand up for the younger guys.
    I take pride in not owning a cowbell!

how often does collins get a minor penalty ? or give the other team a powerplay ?
    almost never in his time in pa

Default Let's look at the stats...

Quote Originally Posted by Dannoabram
    how often does collins get a minor penalty ? or give the other team a powerplay ?
    almost never in his time in pa
    From 2003-05, while with Prince Albert, Garth Collins had 163 PIM in 66 games played. Are you suggesting that extremely few power plays resulted from that many PIM? Highly doubtful.
    Redwic

Quote Originally Posted by Redwic
    From 2003-05, while with Prince Albert, Garth Collins had 163 PIM in 66 games played. Are you suggesting that extremely few power plays resulted from that many PIM? Highly doubtful.
    yes i am suggesting that.
    in fact im saying it.
    pretty much all of garth's penalties were offsetting, im not too sure about portland though but in pa they were pretty much never hurt his team

PWH Guest

Default Collins

In Portland, he put the Hawks short-handed 27 times. That was 7th on the Hawks roster. The opposing team scored 6 times while he was in the box.

Don't know about his days in PA.

his pim rose quite a bit in portland compared to pa. but in pa he was a good enforcer