Thread: Chapman

1WHLFan Guest

Default Chapman

Anyone know where Brenden Chapman is playing this year?

Nowhere near good enough for pro, I would check some of the CIAU teams.

AWalks Guest

Default Chapman

Champman will suit up for the U of Regina this season.

he played for the Pats, so Regina is kind of like a second home for him

Default Chapman

Pretty tough comments on Chapman

Sometimes , it is not what an individual does in terms of goals or plus or minus it is how they assist coachs in bringing the best out in others. Talk to a few of the players that played with him , I have never heard one of them complain about him in terms of work ethic or devotion to his team. His example was best displayed when he played with the cage after getting the serious facial injury in Lethbridge. Maybe not pro material for the NHL but sure is Pro material as an example to others in life. End of sermon !

Quote Originally Posted by grainbear
    Pretty tough comments on Chapman

Sometimes , it is not what an individual does in terms of goals or plus or minus it is how they assist coachs in bringing the best out in others. Talk to a few of the players that played with him , I have never heard one of them complain about him in terms of work ethic or devotion to his team. His example was best displayed when he played with the cage after getting the serious facial injury in Lethbridge. Maybe not pro material for the NHL but sure is Pro material as an example to others in life. End of sermon !
    I think that his problem was that he was a pretty good player in the WHL until he became an overage player. There is a lot more pressure on an overage player to lead the team and log a lot of ice time. Here in Red Deer, he seemed severely over-utilized and in over his head when he was used on the top 2 lines, and as the game wore on, typically sent 2 or 3 guys in on breakaways a night. Probably would have looked a lot better as a #6/7 defenseman last season than where they had him. He did have good work ethic, but I think it was his mental toughness that was really holding him back.