Thread: Black and White game

1. Default Black and White game

Entertaining Black and White game tonite:

-Karl Benke and Tyler Barr. Benke looks alot more comfortable on skates. At 6'5 Benke used his reach to get the upper hand. Didn't look like his punches had alot of sting, but he landed alot of them.

-Someone get Zack Wiebe a job reffing in the WHL. Not very often the referee is an entertaning part of the game. A player questions a call and gets an earful right back.

-Nice to see the Broncos letting a high school volunteer do the PA announcing.

-Bortis and Nelson doing a great job of getting into scoring position and not shooting. LOVE IT LOUD!!!

-Bortis skated very well though.

-Graham Telford. Someone protect this kid from himself. Who's bright idea was it for him to go Crowley? He'll do anything to make the team, give him credit.

-Vintage Kyle Moir on the 1st period keeping his team in the game. Yonkman looked sharp. Curtis looked big. Kryschuk didn't do bad...no one cares about him though.

-Cody Eakin may be the team's next superstar forward. Tassone, Ireland, Gervais, Wudrick, Eakin...I lost track of all the young up and coming stars I was supposed to be watching for. Deano's got things under control.

-Our defense is really good. Claffey looked good, Postma looked more than 150 lbs. Did Rumsey score a goal tonite? He played good. No *****ing about him not fighting this year!!!

-Anyone notice the Broncos didn't give anyone #19? It would be nice move to keep that jersey on the rack for a year.

Willi$

Quote Originally Posted by Willis on the Welfare
    -Anyone notice the Broncos didn't give anyone #19? It would be nice move to keep that jersey on the rack for a year.

Willi$
    Ah i am predicting that, that number will be Wudricks. But not a bad idea for no one to have it.

Yeah i missed the game, didnt get back into town until after 7, and had to do some stuff when i got back.

Also no 16 or 24. One jersey gets sold at the awards banquet and the graduating player gets the other. They always use last years jerseys for camp so those three aren't there.

The only easy decision to send players home are the 15 yr olds, and some of them could almost stay. Eakin will be awesome, great speed, puck control, really fun to watch. Couple of the other young guys impressed me. David Greyeyes looked really good as a 15 yr old d-man, not out of place at all. Taylor Vause as a 15 and Branden Gracel as a 16, two little guys but both showed lots of skill, not as good in the Black and White as the scrimmages, but could be getting tired. The way the 15 + 16 yr olds played, shows a bright future.

As for the vets we will have a strong D, our offense will be young but very talented, we should have more scoring depth this year. Goaltending will be a tough decision, some wonder if Moir and Yonkman will both be shopped around and whatever the best deal coming back will decide who goes.

Was disapointed tonight, the Broncos brought in Kyle Severson to play a physical role but couldn't play due to a pulled hamstring. Hopefully he will stick around awhile and get into some pre-season games later. Micheal Wilson didn't play tonight anyone know why?

Moir was a good as usual, Yonkman looked really good, as did Curtis(big goalie for 16). Kryschuk was impressive as well. Tough call as what to do about goaltending.

Crowley and Claffey looked very good. RJ had a poor start to the game but got better as the game went on. Benke leaned out and can skate a lot better, looked good. David Greyeyes was very good for a 15 year old dman. Rumsey was solid, threw a few great hits, two on Leovold.

This 15 year old Eakin kid WILL be the real deal. He looked like he could play WHL level this year. Stieler looked alright. McAvoy and Schendo look to be ready to go. Gervais took a couple hits but looks to be a really good 16 year old. Cory More was also a youngster that I thought looked very good. I liked Tassone a lot. Bortis was really impressive and looks to be ready to put a good year together. Levi was also really putting in a good game as well. Wudrick should stay as a 16 year old, he threw some hard hits tonight and showed some offensiveness.

It looks like we have a very exciting future in Broncos hockey. There is a lot of very good young talent coming up. And this years team should be fun to watch and develop.
    Always Remembered

Any chance we can increase the number of games played by 15 year olds? Martin, Greyeyes and Eakin did not look out of place at all, in fact Eakin stood out. Thought Rumsey, Schendo and Crowley really brought it, good examples of leadership out there. Who gets the "C"? I say Rumsey and Crowley share it. Whoever said Tassone was ready to make the jump was right, great speed and not scared to go in the corners. Good intense game last night, think the boys may have made Dean's decisions a little harder.