Thread: Game Tonight

Default Game Tonight

Will the Rebs bring up Brandon Sutter for either of the 2 games this weekend. It is the all-star break for the midgets and Portland and Swift Current have said that Sceviour (Portland) and Postma, Claffey (Swift) will be used if they decide to come up. There are many midget affiliates being used this weekend by all teams.

I think Festa will star(t) tonight and Leslie will make his debut on Sunday.

D.A. Guest

I haven't heard anything about Sutter being called up and I don't think we need him to cover injuries or anything. I'd be pretty surprised to see Sutter at all this year, actually. His dad tends to get pretty serious from this point onwards; experimenting time is over - it's time to win!

Here's hoping that all the new guys are ready to go and that we can start gelling as a team!

Default Not To Mention

We Already have 3 Players who will be healthy Scratches. I think some of the boys would be pretty resentful of Sutter if he scratched another player in favor of his son getting a couple of games in. I know I would!

On the other hand, I cant wait to see the line of Sutter, Hunter, and Iorio(sp?) Next year......they looked awesome in camp together!

Shinyshoes
    'Cause if your going to hell, you may as well go with a smile on your face.
    KEEPING THE FAITH!!

Leslie might get the start for your boys tonight after all as Russel Monette is supposed to get his first career start for the Blades in goal. Good luck to both teams and hopefully nobody gets hurt.

Rebel66 Guest

Default Rumour has it that Monette will start for the Blades

Given that possibility what's the chances of Leslie getting the start tonight?

Monette has little experience in the dub but having three games in three nights means they will give him the start against the supposed weakest team. (Seems weird to be talking about the Rebels in such a way!)

That said, I'm with rebel39. I would think that Sutter would start Festa in this one.

Any news on Pieper? Is he still injured or is he slated to play tonight?

Looking forward to seeing Ashton Rome again. Thought he looked very promising in his first game. Shame that he caught the flu right after.

Anyone else still amazed that we picked up a player like Ty Morris for so little? No disrespect intended towards Stuart Kerr but Morris is an awesome upgrade for this team.

Smile Rome

I think Rome looked good in the game he did play here in the deer.

It has been a week now so we should see how he does play, I think it take about a week to see how they cope with the practies and the new team.

Hope to see Pipier(sp) this weelend.

I have to agree with DA that we will not see Sutter this weekend ,as it is time to win some games.

KEEPING THE FAITH
    GO REBELS GO

RebelsFan05 Guest

Tonights going to be a good game. Im glad we got Phanuef back!

GO REBELS GO!

What comeback last night by the Rebels. How did Phaneuf play? I see he picked up a couple of assists.

D.A. Guest

Phaneuf did well enough to be named first star...
    My favorite part of watching him is when he takes the puck behind the net and skates it up. Opposing players hang off his back, come at him from the front - whatever - and he just shakes them off or moves around them. It's really quite incredible.

I was also really impressed with Pieper last night - lots of hustle, scored a goal, and was named 2nd star.

Rebel66 Guest

Default Neufy

Quote Originally Posted by Hitmen1
    What comeback last night by the Rebels. How did Phaneuf play? I see he picked up a couple of assists.
    Just a normal day at the office. I.E. Head and shoulders above everyone else on the ice. Missed an empty netter though to prove that he's only human!