Edmonton Roughnecks
    Edmonton Oil slicks
    Edmonton Titans
    Edmonton Moose
    Edmonton Dynasties
    Edmonton Gladiators
    Edmonton Lumber jacks

Okay I should win!
    Last edited by ProStaff; 09-19-2006 at 12:42 AM.

Ha ha. the "Riggers". That would get my vote for sure

[QUOTE=ProStaff
    Edmonton Roughnecks [/QUOTE]

That would be pretty good too. I like it.

actually i do like the name "roughnecks" but once again it comes into concact with another team name, the calgary roughnecks of the National Lacrosse League, maybe im being to strict but i just dont like team names that are already another teams name, for example in AA baseball there are alot of teams with the same name as their affiliates there for i dont like that. but this name thign is driving me crazy, i think they should just stick with the oil kings because its a good name and some people are saying that it wont work out because their was already a team named the oil kings from edmonton and it didnt last, what i say is, how can you tell a team isnt going to work out just because it has the same name, as another team that didnt work out? explain that to me

Default oil Kings

I think they should just stick with the oil kings. That was the original nae of the team and they should have thought of a better team at the start, they are just changing there minds now!!!

thats exactly what i think, i think they should jsut stick with the Oil Kings its a hirstoric team in edmonton and its not an active team like all the other team names have been, i would even accept the team to be called the edmonton jets

how about The Edmonton

Eskimo Oiler Kings

For something different - with some marketing potential - how about the...

Edmonton T-Rex

(...because the area is known for the dinosaur fossils found there and the T-Rex is the king...)

I think Oil Kings is a good sentimental pick for a return to Jr. hockey power. At least the jersey won't have a pathetic moose like Moose Jaw's...that's even worse than Spokane's 3rd.

I'm partial to the Oil Kings but I used to watch them play. Maybe if the Ice had have been named Oil Kings they wouldn't have moved away.

Somebody said "ich" to Edmonton Energy. My first reaction was similar but I kind of think it's not too bad. It's unique, modern and still references the oil patch.