Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Preseason Tourney

Default Preseason Tourney

If anyone has game recaps they would like to share, post them here under this thread. I'll be at the 2nd game today, but can't make the first.

I doubt I'll make it to tonights games but should be there tomarrow and Sunday. I'll take notes for recaps.

I am planning on being there both on Saturday and Sunday as well. I'm getting stoked to see how the boys compete, and also how the other teams look.

Quote Originally Posted by Stay-Puft
    I am planning on being there both on Saturday and Sunday as well. I'm getting stoked to see how the boys compete, and also how the other teams look.
    Screw it, I cant take this sitting around healing up thing any more. I'm gonna hit the shower and go to the Ams game tonight!!!!

Atta boy! Just make sure you have a driver if you are still on meds. Hey, we may have 30 show up tonight.

My wifes driving me. Not sure where we'll sit but maybe I'll run into you there.

I think we are trying to sit down around J.

I'll try to find you. Friday night we sat in over in W. Try to find me, I have a hat for you.

Pre-Season Tournament: Portland comes back, downs Tri-City in a shootout, 5-4
    September 08, 2006KENNEWICK, WA - The Tri-City Americans let a 4-2 third period lead slip away as the Portland Winter Hawks would come from behind to win 5-4 in a shootout tonight before 1,286 fans at Toyota Center in Day One of the three day Red Lion Hotels Tournament featuring all five U.S. Division squads.

The Americans took an early 1-0 lead as Drew Hoff would score shorthanded with help from Colten Dericksen at 5:19 of the first. The lead was short lived as the Hawks Libor Gazdik would tie the contest at 1-all at 9:02 of the period on a 5-on-3 power play opportunity.

Tri-City opened up the second quickly taking a 2-1 lead on the power play 24 second into the period as Tanner Gillies scored in the slot with assists to Eric Mestery and Jarrett Toll. Portland would knot the score at 2 just 59 seconds later as Nick Hotson tallied from Lenny Thunderchild and Chris Francis. The Americans once again took a 3-2 lead as Daniel Bartek slipped a rebound of a Chri Inglis shot past Portland netminder Dustin Butler.

The Americans vaulted to a 4-2 advantage 2:08 into the third when Matt Swaby’s blast from the right point on a pass from Nic Knudsen would elude goalie Curtis Mucha.

Portland would chip away at the Americans lead as Tristan King’s marker put the Hawks within one at 11:52. The Hawks would pull Mucha for an extra attacker in the final minute and the strategy would pay off as Stefan Langwieder would slip a shot past Americans goalie Chet Pickard at 19:41 to tie the tilt at 4.

There was no scoring in the 4-on-4 overtime, which set up the shootout with Portland’s Nick Hotson proving to be the only shooter to score.

TC SH Hoff (Derickson) 1st -- 5:19
    POR PP Gazdik (King, Gabriel) 1st -- 9:02
    TC PP Gillies (Mestery, Toll) 2nd -- 0:24
    POR PP Hotson (Thunderchild, Francis) 2nd -- 1:23
    TC -- Bartek (Inglis, Toll) 2nd -- 8:26
    TC PP Swaby (Knudsen) 3rd -- 2:08
    POR -- King (Francis) 3rd -- 11:52
    POR -- Langwieder (Thunderchild, Hotson)

Pretty exciting game tonight, although we were on the shortend of the stick at 6-5. Pickard had a bit of an off night, with little defensive help clearing the puck. I was disappointed in Butterfield and Guillen's performances tonight, especially the Butterfield turnover right after Spokane went up 5-4. That was just brutal. But it was good to see the boys keep playing hard. I liked the puck movement on the power play. Is it me or are the zones larger this year?