Thread: Pats goalie battle

Default Pats goalie battle

the pats have a bunch of new goaltenders on the ice but who do you want for the starting job, personally i hope that Reekie will get the job

Personally I wouldn't mind if Rowat and Bosch were this year's go to guys...they've both impressed me in camp thus far, but I ain't gonna lie, so has Reekie. However, with repect to his inconsistency last season I just don't know how he is going to fair between the pipes this year...his play was so unpredictable unbeatable one game disappointing and sloppy the next... many fans, including me, lost their confidence in the kid and silently hoped for more Rowat starts... but then again some question whether or not Rowat is ready to handle the #1 position. Its up in the air...most likely it'll be a repeat of last year's roster with Reeks being backed up by Rowat...but cuts are still to be made...

The "Battle" appears to be over for now at least, as the Pats have 2 goalies left on the roster in Reekie and Rowat.

The assumption is now that Reekie is yet again the starter and Rowat is back-up. Unless something earth-shattering (a.k.a. a trade) happens that will be the way it goes for the 2006-07 season.