Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: Coach C sends Stern Message

Could be that KC was trying to nip it in the bud early, so he wouldn't have to do anything drastic in the regular season. Ya his method was a bit drastic for pre-season, but he did get evryone's attention didn't he. So with a sentece handed down like this, I guess we shouldn't hear of any bag-runs this season....right?
    I understand this is a rebuilding year, but come on boys!!

Default With all of the attention this incident has been given...

... I wonder if the Everett players are embarassed, and as a result they will refocus & make certain that this kind of thing never possibly happens again?

(Of course, they could be laughing themselves silly because of their coach also being punished...)
    Redwic

Quote Originally Posted by CHtoo
    If losing an exhibition game 5-0 means a bus ride in game worn uniforms, what will a three or four game losing streak in regular season result in?
    It has been stated that this was due to the players playing poorly and not becuase they lost. There was times last year where KC was not upset with losing becuase we played hard and still got beat. The biggest message of this was that there are no throwaway games. You start saying its an exhibiton game, then progression to its still early, then its still the first half. He is trying to avoid that whole mentality and not be like the Seattle Mariners.
    I take pride in not owning a cowbell!

Default Severity

Just speculation, but given the severity of the fine, my guess would be that the league made it clear this type of stuff shouldn't be happening and Constantine ignored that and did it anyway. Either way, I would say the point is crystal clear now.

Although not public knowledge, the code of conduct is likely revised as incidents happen. When the league is trying to better its image, these types of stories hitting the press doesn't further the cause.

Bottom line, Constantine still got off waaay too easy. hard enough as it is for the WHL to convince tier 2 playesr who are going the NCAA route to come, let alone letting this guy give the league a bad name. There is a reason a guy like Constantine isn't in the NHL and why he had minimal success. He got off waaay too easy..
    Last edited by HAF; 09-15-2006 at 06:04 PM.

BFD, god forbid the league is embarrassed by this treatment, get over it commisioner. After embarrassing the organization with a poor effort, the team needs to be taught a lesson in the three things they can control; effort, intensity, and emotion. I've never seen a coach do anything like this just because a team lost. Nothing better than a good run with all equipment less the skates. Heck a 4 hr. bus ride is a walk in the park. Just another sign of the soft society we live in. It doesn't matter to a coach if the players respect them out of love or fear, obviously the soft way wasn't working.
    Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways.

There are many succesful coaches who don't do the kind of thing that Constantine does. Look at Habscheid, he never did anything even close to that. And look what he did with the Rockets. You really think the players are gonna keep taking this? They are kids, they are going to hold a grudge after a while when it gets tiring and they tune him out.

He embarassed the league, ...you obviously don't get that it is extremely hard getting top end talent going to NCAA and then seeing this kind of thing makes it that much harder.

You can't humiliate kids,
    Last edited by HAF; 09-16-2006 at 11:48 AM.