Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Yellowhorn traded

Default Yellowhorn traded

to the Americans, along with Kaye for a First round 2007 pick and a 3rd round 2008 pick.

Article from whl.ca here - http://www.whlfans.ca/showthread.php?p=52910#post52910

RETIRED JERSEY: #32 CHAD SCHARFF

Seems like another one of those "cleaning house" trades. I think Yellowhorn may have worn out his welcome and since the snow may be coming soon Kaye may have been prone to another toboganning incident.

Default why would they trade 2 great players for draft picks!!

when the team is swimming in young talent. jesus please dont tell me we have another gm that cant stand WINNING....

Hey Guys,

Just got off the phone with Roy, says it's simply a case of making room for the younger guys to step up this year. Which I guess isn't the worst thing in the world.

Still though, just boggles my mind. I'm waiting to talk with Yellowhorn and get his side of the story.

Nielson

Make room for the young guys sure....but at the expense of your top scorer? There must be more to this, or all hockey fans are conspiricy theorists.
    I understand this is a rebuilding year, but come on boys!!

It's a big loss, but apparently Colton wasn't happy here in Lethbridge and wanted to be moved. Good luck Yellowhorn with the Americans!

Iconcup

This most likely will lead to using the extra 1st pick to trade for a skilled younger forward. Its an valued asset that he can use later. Theres more to this move.

Quote Originally Posted by SeventhHeaven4U
    It's a big loss, but apparently Colton wasn't happy here in Lethbridge and wanted to be moved. Good luck Yellowhorn with the Americans!
    I just got off the phone with Colton....he said he was shocked, said he did not ask for a trade, want to say sorry to the fans for having to leave but it was not his decision and that he wanted to play with the Hurricanes for his entire career.

Quote Originally Posted by Nielson11
    I just got off the phone with Colton....he said he was shocked, said he did not ask for a trade, want to say sorry to the fans for having to leave but it was not his decision and that he wanted to play with the Hurricanes for his entire career.
    Just shows you how much you can trust what ya hear!! I can imagine how much of a blow it is to him seeing as he just got back from TO. I sure hope the Canes have some huge magic trick up their sleeves to salvage our scoring situation!!!

I see what the boys in the bridge are doing( I know its obvious, but humor me ). They are building up for years down the road, maybe when fadden is 20 (if he is still here) and when Boychuk is 19, because this kid will most likely be moved off to pros come overage year. I doubt they expect this year to be triumphant by any means. Besides, if the canes do crappy this year, that means they get a higher touted prospect from the draft. Im also pretty sure that this trade wasnt the last one they plan on making just yet.

PS: This really screws up my preseason rankings. for this year. You guys better still finish ahead of red deer, or else....