Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: NHL 2k7

Default NHL 2k7

Anyone get this yet? I had it pre ordered and got it yesterday for the PS2. I must say that I am more then just a little disapointed. I thoroughly enjoyed '06 and the way the game flowed. They should have left the format alone and just updated the players and teams. Very disapointed to say the least.

There were so many gliches in the 2k6 version that this time around I'm gonna get NHL 07.I prefer the 2k game play better but I found so many things wrong with it.

Kassian Guest

I am surprised you were able to get NHL 2k7 for PS2. There was supposed to be some shipping delay which pushed the release date to September 25th. Some sites say even as late as October 5th.

Anyway, I have my copy reserved and already paid for. In the meantime I decided to get NHL 2007 to try it out because I haven't bought EA's hockey game since 2003. It's a bit better than the previous years (which doesn't say much) but I still prefer the 2k series.

Quote Originally Posted by Kassian
    I am surprised you were able to get NHL 2k7 for PS2. There was supposed to be some shipping delay which pushed the release date to September 25th. Some sites say even as late as October 5th.

Anyway, I have my copy reserved and already paid for. In the meantime I decided to get NHL 2007 to try it out because I haven't bought EA's hockey game since 2003. It's a bit better than the previous years (which doesn't say much) but I still prefer the 2k series.
    My mistake, NHL '07 is what I was referring to as well as '06. Sorry, I had a brain fart.

Kassian Guest

Quote Originally Posted by HAF
    My mistake, NHL '07 is what I was referring to as well as '06. Sorry, I had a brain fart.
    Not a problem at all. But thank you for clearing that up because it makes a lot more sense now.

Default 07

NHL 07 is really good I think. It has Cam Barker, Shea Weber, Mike Green, Eric Fehr, Brent Seabrook, Michael Garnett, Gilbert Brule and other whlers. I beleive Staal, Cheechoo and Thorton have the best overals i may be wrong, i have only had to the game for only 2 days. Buy it if your a hockey fan and NHL 07 is suppose to be better than NHL 2K7!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Blades 4 Life!
    NHL 07 is really good I think. It has Cam Barker, Shea Weber, Mike Green, Eric Fehr, Brent Seabrook, Michael Garnett, Gilbert Brule and other whlers. I beleive Staal, Cheechoo and Thorton have the best overals i may be wrong, i have only had to the game for only 2 days. Buy it if your a hockey fan and NHL 07 is suppose to be better than NHL 2K7!!!
    I'm not complaining about the players. I think they did fine on all of the upgrades. I just dont think it has the same feel or momentum that 06 had. Hopefully I wont notice it after I get used to it a little more but I played 06 so damn much it just doesnt feel right. In 06 I was ten years into my dynasty in the dynasty mode.

well i think 07 is exaclty the same as nhl 06, same graphics i love it, i have so much time on my hands, i even made the entire western hockey league, all the teams, all the players only thing is i have to exchange for a new one because mine keeps freezng up every time somebody scores :burningma

i hate the 2K games i just hate the graphics, BOOOOOOO

Quote Originally Posted by HAF
    NHL07 for PS2 is alright. The game itself is bascally the same as NHL06 but the goalies seem to be a bit better... I haven't had any 20 goal games yet in 07.

There is definitely one cheesy part to this game... anyone with an above average shot can shoot from just inside the blueline and beat the goalie clean and they never chaned the easy one-timer goals which work 98% (made up number ) of the time. I'm still getting used to the left analog to move an right analog to pass (faceoffs too). I have almost figured that out.

In the 10 of so games I have played I notice that there is a lot of high-sticking penalties as well as ob-hooking.

The commentator Hughson (spelling?) and his colour guy (name escapes me)have pretty much the exact play-by-play as in 06 and it gets annoying.

My buddy and I were playing a game between Washington and Pittsburgh and we were wanting to scrap. In 06 you would press select to see if anyone was wanting to "fist fight" (to quote Drunk Gerald ). We ended up pulling our goalies... craziness. I guess that's why there is instructions .

Overall a good game 7/10 so far...