Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: McArdle being moved?

Default McArdle being moved?

Anyone in MJ hear anything about the possibility of McArdle being traded? Ive heard that he may be moved pretty soon, not sure where, but just wanted to see if anyone else has heard anything.

Mcardle will most likely stay in MJ. You guys need him, as he will be one of your main offensive weapons, along with holzapfel, and to a lesser extent, Gillen.

Since this year will most likely be mcardle's last in juniors, I doubt he would be worth much to trade, probably as much as an overager, unless it is to a team going on a cup run, like the hat, or everett. The warriors should probably not have many roster changes before season opener.

However, I think that its a possibility MJ could acquire another overager, with the departure of simpson(Just a theory). Im thinking maybe the odd player out of Vancouver, who will most likely Scharff, could head to moose jaw.

Not sure if this means much but I asked Blazers gm Dean Clark about it and he said MAYBE!!. The Blazers have a few extra players on their roster as they all have proven they can play in the WHL. Will be interesting to see what happens.

Default McCardle to the ICE??

It would be nice to see him come to the ICE for say a proven 20 year old goalie in Dakers and a d-man like Mcdonald or Flatt

The ICE need maybe one guy like him to make a serious offensive threat come to life with the returning guys we have from last year that have fire power as well. Coupled with him on the first second line the ICE could or would be in the running for a shot at the WHL title.
    Cranbrook's own, Kootenay ICE 1998 to 2012, 2011 WHL CHAMPIONS!!!
    THE PEOPLE'S CHAMP'S!!

I would laugh my ass off if he went to the pats.

Odds of Mcardle going to Regina:

1,000,000,000:1

The word here from my perspective is IF...

If McArdle does get traded it won't be right away. Because if Moose Jaw does go out and deal him what kind of message does that give to te hometown faithful? I think if they did trade him now they would be basiclly going into the "rebuild" mold. Especially after losing Brouwer, Jones and Boyd to the Pro's he is one of the teams remaining scorers and I don't think Lang would part with him right now. But as the season progresses and if the Warriors are out of the hunt they might just wheel and deal to a "contender."

A guy with the scoring ability of Kenndal wouldn't come cheap... depending on if and when this trade were to occur, the Warriors might be able to get a decent player or 2 in return as well as some prospects/picks.

And no I don't see him getting traded to any East team any time soon. Especially Regina.

Quote Originally Posted by Some_Arrogent_Jerk
    However, I think that its a possibility MJ could acquire another overager, with the departure of simpson(Just a theory). Im thinking maybe the odd player out of Vancouver, who will most likely Scharff, could head to moose jaw.
    Could see Vancouver sweeten the pot for McArdle. Vancouver is more than likely looking for more help up front.

Sexsmith (G,17), or Tartaglione (G,18), plus Scharff (20) and maybe a prospect or picks?

Does MJ need another young goalie? I'm not that famillar with the Moose Jaw backups.

RETIRED JERSEY: #32 CHAD SCHARFF

Mcardle's been in trade rumors for a while now. I doubt Lang is looking for a starting goalie, maybe a young back up. If Mcardle was traded we would have to get a good younger forward and or defenceman for him.

Default Can't see it happening unless we start o-10.

Quote Originally Posted by Hatguy
    Mcardle's been in trade rumors for a while now. I doubt Lang is looking for a starting goalie, maybe a young back up. If Mcardle was traded we would have to get a good younger forward and or defenceman for him.
    Not a chance at this point.

Well, if he is being shopped, the Rebels may have a step up on the competition because of the previous trade history with the Warriors. The Rebels do have some talent that if it doesn't help them this year, it will in the future.

Don't count the Rebels out, but I can't see the Warriors dealing him.
    Drop the Puck