Thread: Goaltending situation

Default Goaltending situation

With Matt Keetley's status uncertain... who is going to be the Tigers starter?
    Blaine Neufeld or Ryan Holfeld... Both goalies appeared to have decent pre-seasons... any ideas from Tiger fans...

Quote Originally Posted by nivek_wahs
    With Matt Keetley's status uncertain... who is going to be the Tigers starter?
    Blaine Neufeld or Ryan Holfeld... Both goalies appeared to have decent pre-seasons... any ideas from Tiger fans...
    many goalies available, including O/A kyle moir,dustin slade, jesse deckert.
    as well as several youngsters. tyson sexsmith from vancouver (who played for med hat as a emergency back up for a while. could be a good fit

Quote Originally Posted by Dannoabram
    many goalies available, including O/A kyle moir,dustin slade, jesse deckert.
    as well as several youngsters. tyson sexsmith from vancouver (who played for med hat as a emergency back up for a while. could be a good fit
    I was meaning... of the 2 goalies that are not named Matt Keetley and on the Tigers roster... which one is the "starter" until they decide what direction they are going.

I'm not sure who the starter will be, I havn't watched much preseason action at all. Nuefeld is 19 though,and was the backup last year. Holfeld is 17.

If i was guessing I'd say Nuefeld, (cause he is older, and was the backup last year) but dont take my word on it.
    MEDICINE HAT TIGERS
    http://tigerturf.blogspot.com/

I hope Holfeld. I haven't seen any pre-season games either, but I have always thought that the backup role was Holfeld's last year, but the Tigers opted to send him to AAA and let him develop and get in games as a 16yr old.

Neufeld, IMO is a Tier II calibre goalie.

Both had decent pre-seasons...

Neufeld 2.91 GAA and .920 SV%
    Holfeld 2.83 GAA and .920 SV%

Was just curious if anything was mentioned in the local media or whatnot.